cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth no longer compatible with Ignite TV?

Terdferguson
I've Been Here Awhile

Prior to November 2021, I was able to pair and use multiple sets of Bluetooth headphones. I’m assuming there was an update as the Bluetooth option isn’t even available. I cannot find the option. Was located under device settings. Huge disappointment

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bluetooth no longer compatible with Ignite TV?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Terdferguson wrote:

Prior to November 2021, I was able to pair and use multiple sets of Bluetooth headphones. I’m assuming there was an update as the Bluetooth option isn’t even available. I cannot find the option. Was located under device settings. Huge disappointment

I still see it in "Settings / Device Settings / Audio / Bluetooth Devices"

Terdferguson
I've Been Here Awhile
settings / device settings / audio

Then I have two options
Audio Language (SAP) reset
HDMI Audio Output

That’s it.

@Terdferguson  I don't know what to say.  Other support articles list Bluetooth pairing options in "Device Settings > Audio > Bluetooth Devices"

Have you tried issuing the "Bluetooth" voice command?

I also see "Settings / Privacy / Bluetooth Devices".  At the moment, I can't think of any settings or options that would disable Bluetooth.

That said, some Comcast customers have also reported that their Bluetooth settings disappear: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/bluetooth-disappears-on-x1-and-posts-also-get-closed/615...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a few suggestions

- Reboot the Rogers gateway and box.  

- Do you have another box?  Same results on that box?

- Reboot/re-power the headphone in question

- Do the headphones pair properly with another bluetooth device like a cell phone or tablet?

- Sometimes if a device is already paired with another device (headphone and cell phone), then you may need to reboot the headphone or unpair it from that device before it'll pair with a different device?

- When something is amiss, I usually like to start "from scratch".  In other words, power down, reset, reboot everything.  Then try again.

Good Luck.

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I see it in "Settings / Device Settings / Audio / Bluetooth Devices"  

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation