cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth no longer compatible with Ignite TV?

Terdferguson
I've been here awhile

Prior to November 2021, I was able to pair and use multiple sets of Bluetooth headphones. I’m assuming there was an update as the Bluetooth option isn’t even available. I cannot find the option. Was located under device settings. Huge disappointment

**Labels Added**

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Bluetooth no longer compatible with Ignite TV?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dm20141 wrote:
Same issue. Up until a few weeks ago I had zero problems, now my headphones are pretty much unusable as the BT is so flaky. Don't have any issues using them with my phone or mac. Surely an update issue.

Bluetooth works well for audio-only applications but has always been prone to losing sync with video.  Apple's AirPods work well with their devices because they have been specifically engineered to work well... but that may not be the case if you pair AirPods to another non-Apple device.  (There are a number of technical reasons why this is the case.  See here for more information.)

Here is all that Comcast has to say to those asking, "The audio is not synchronized with the video when I use my Bluetooth headphones. Is there anything I..."

Your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming TV Box automatically makes adjustments to sync the audio and video, but some headphones are known to have compatibility issues. Occasionally, restarting your device can help. Typically, however, the best option is to try different headphones.

Others have reported better results when using headphones (or hearing aids) that are paired with a dedicated transmitter that is connected to the TV's stereo audio out jacks.

dm20141
I'm here a lot
The issue is that it worked very well up until about a month ago. What's changed? I've tried 3 different units.

And it isn't a losing sync issue - it's a pairing issue. It will drop inexplicably, say it's connected when it isn't, and will sometimes not allow me to "forget" device and return. This is 100% a Rogers ignite software issue.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dm20141 wrote:
And it isn't a losing sync issue - it's a pairing issue. It will drop inexplicably, say it's connected when it isn't, and will sometimes not allow me to "forget" device and return. This is 100% a Rogers ignite software issue.

Yeah, that's a different issue altogether.  I recall Comcast customers reporting similar problems in the Xfinity Forum, following an overnight software update, but have never seen this myself.  On my Xi6 and XiOne set-top boxes, I still see Bluetooth settings in "Settings / Privacy / Bluetooth Devices" and "Settings / Device Settings / Audio / Bluetooth Devices."

It's weird but with the Ignite set-top boxes, some options (e.g. enable/disable HDMI-CEC) and capabilities (e.g. 30-second skip) can temporarily disappear after a software update, and sometimes, power-cycling the set-top box fixes the problem.  However, I did not think that such a thing would happen with Bluetooth settings.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

@-G- wrote:

Others have reported better results when using headphones (or hearing aids) that are paired with a dedicated transmitter that is connected to the TV's stereo audio out jacks.

That one of the option I was thinking, but, sadly, my TV don't have a audio output. But I did see a device on Amazon that you can put between the cable box (or other hdmi device) and the TV that act like a bluetooth transmiter, but I wonder if they will work properly or still lag/de-synchronize like the cable box.
https://www.amazon.ca/Extractor-Converter-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Splitter/dp/B095WBHTQX/ref=sr_1_5?cr...
Also since this device is 4k compatible, I wonder if it can down-convert the 4k signal from the box to 1080p for non-4k TVs.

cdm1977
I've been around

I have to chime in here too, everything used to work fine until recently, our Bose Mini speaker says it's connected, but no sound, and the disconnect or forget option does nothing.  I can even go into the Bluetooth settings and it will say it's connected when it isn't even on.  Can't even use it now.  Same thing with both our headphones, nothing works.  

I'm presuming Rogers is deflecting the blame back to the users, and hasn't even bothered to look into it at their end considering all the same problems being posted.

Useless.

RickyRails
I've been here awhile
Yup, I’m still unable to use mine reliably! Only device I ever owned that drops Bluetooth connections. 😤
Topic Stats