cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth no longer compatible with Ignite TV?

Terdferguson
I've been here awhile

Prior to November 2021, I was able to pair and use multiple sets of Bluetooth headphones. I’m assuming there was an update as the Bluetooth option isn’t even available. I cannot find the option. Was located under device settings. Huge disappointment

**Labels Added**

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Bluetooth no longer compatible with Ignite TV?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Terdferguson wrote:

Prior to November 2021, I was able to pair and use multiple sets of Bluetooth headphones. I’m assuming there was an update as the Bluetooth option isn’t even available. I cannot find the option. Was located under device settings. Huge disappointment

I still see it in "Settings / Device Settings / Audio / Bluetooth Devices"

Terdferguson
I've been here awhile
settings / device settings / audio

Then I have two options
Audio Language (SAP) reset
HDMI Audio Output

That’s it.

@Terdferguson  I don't know what to say.  Other support articles list Bluetooth pairing options in "Device Settings > Audio > Bluetooth Devices"

Have you tried issuing the "Bluetooth" voice command?

I also see "Settings / Privacy / Bluetooth Devices".  At the moment, I can't think of any settings or options that would disable Bluetooth.

That said, some Comcast customers have also reported that their Bluetooth settings disappear: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/bluetooth-disappears-on-x1-and-posts-also-get-closed/615...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a few suggestions

- Reboot the Rogers gateway and box.  

- Do you have another box?  Same results on that box?

- Reboot/re-power the headphone in question

- Do the headphones pair properly with another bluetooth device like a cell phone or tablet?

- Sometimes if a device is already paired with another device (headphone and cell phone), then you may need to reboot the headphone or unpair it from that device before it'll pair with a different device?

- When something is amiss, I usually like to start "from scratch".  In other words, power down, reset, reboot everything.  Then try again.

Good Luck.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

I see it in "Settings / Device Settings / Audio / Bluetooth Devices"  

PerditionII
I've been around
Saw this dated discussion about losing Bluetooth option completely under settings, device etc. Has this been resolved. Its happening to me now.

Greetings @PerditionII!

I just checked my own box and the Bluetooth settings are still there for me and I haven't seen any news that its being removed.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried thus far? If all else fails, a factory reset might be necessary.

Regards,

RogersCorey

My Bose headphones worked well for a few years with my rogers ignite box. now it connects sometimes if I power down everything and start again . It always shows connected when it is not.

Im trying Solo headphones and the sync is way off.

cashford
I've been here awhile
Have this exact BT issue for almost 2 weeks. Frustrating. Called tech support at leat 3 times. Any suggestions how to fix?

Good morning @cashford!

When you say you have this "exact BT issue", could you please be a little more specific? Are the Bluetooth settings missing from the Ignite TV entertainment box entirely or is the issue that you simply can't pair your device? Are you getting any errors when attempting to pair?

Are you having difficulties pairing multiple, different sets of Bluetooth headphones to Ignite TV or is this issue isolated to just one set of headphones?

Please let me know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

cashford
I've been here awhile

Thank you.  After having no pairing issues for about 5 years, all of a sudden I lost BT connectivity to the soundbar.  I tried to disconnect or the forget option in the devices section but it seems to be  locked.  Cant get the blue checkmark to go away that indicates its engaged and I cant forget the device.  The rogers system isnt taking the command. It doesnt show any movement or action when this requested is done.  I can do this repeatedly and it doesnt disconnect or forget.  I have to shut the system down entirely and that doesnt even work, still when it comes back on, its locked and I cant do anything in the devices screen.  Sometimes when I restart the whole system it wont load either.  One day I waited over 2 hours for it to load.  I have restarted the system numerous times in the last 2 weeks and only a few times when I do, does it clear the stuck devices actions and I can find my sound bar and pair it or I can connect.  I have called tech support about 4 times also.  The sound from the tv is horrible and its upsetting that I cant use the sound bar.  It can only be paired by Blue Tooth.  I have come to learn that others are having issues with the Rogers Blue Tooth feature and have tried the same options.  Is it a problem behind the scenes?  I have a case open and all I get is we are working on it. In the meantime, the sound is poor through the tv and I can restart the system because there seems to a problem loading it all the way and I have to call tech support to kick start it from your side, although the last time, there was trouble doing this even from your side.  Thank you

Cross99
I've been around

I thought it was just me. Been using BT since 2018. Worked great the yes same thing 2021 BT option disappeared and then about a month later reappeared. Nov/Dec 2022 audio would star fine and then over time would lag behind picture to about 30 seconds behind. The last 6 weeks I thought was me. BT showing connected, but not working cannot disconnect them. Restarting whole box setting up again and only getting audio for 5 seconds. Have tried  multiple headsets, which work fine with phone and PC. So it is an ignite issue and a really hope this gets fixed. I have hearing issues and I use this function daily. If this continues I will have to look for other options.

Hello @Cross99 ,

Thanks for chiming in to let us know that you are also seeing an issue with the Bluetooth functionality as of late. We certainly wouldn't want to lose you as our customer. 

If possible, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can have it investigated further. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

RobMcLean
I've been around

I too am seeing the issue of my Airpods (1st gen) not working properly (quickly increasing audio lag) with my IgniteTV.  I had been using them without much issue for a year or two but all of a sudden starting a few weeks ago I am getting the same issues as the poster above.  Once connected I would start getting audio lag and usually after just about a minute it would easily be a few seconds behind.  Sometimes rebooting the machine would fix it for the evening but it would lag issue would return eventually. 

I have three ignite boxes at home and it happens on all three.  Also, tried my wife's pods and it has done the same thing.  Must have been a recent software update that was pushed through that has caused this problem.  Have not called tech support yet but probably should however not sure if they could help.  Very annoying as in the evening I like to use my pods so that it doesn't bother the family when I watch the TV. 

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I have very similar issue (if not the same), I have 2 BT devices (BT headphone and a BT receiver for non-BT headphones) that both audio lag/desynchronise after a few minutes. Also the BT receiver don't always re-connect, I have to "forget device" to reset the connection. I live in a non-soundproof apartment building, so I would love to watch the TV itself (instead of using my laptop with wired headphones) so that my neighbors don't hear my TV.

I was thinking about trying a HDMI audio extractor to send the audio on my older non-BT wireless headphone (that have it own emitter) or on a BT emitter. This setup is a bit more complicated, but could work better.

RickyRails
I've been here awhile
Hi @RogersCorey,

I have been having Bluetooth issues during the past couple of weeks also.

I connect Philips SHB5850 Bluetooth ear buds and they work for a short period of time and for some unknown reason, they disconnect and then I cannot to anything except shut down the ignite box overnight and then I can connect the next day.

When my Bluetooth device stops functioning, I cannot disconnect or forget it from the Ignite box. Any attempt to disconnect or forget device has no effect.

RickyRails
I've been here awhile
I’m having the same symptoms!

has this issue been resolved? i also lost the capability of  using a bluetooth device with rogers, it used to be that i could connect via "Settings / Device Settings / Audio / Bluetooth Devices", now all i have are these two options Audio Language (SAP) reset, HDMI Audio Output.. because i view my ignite from a projector,  bluetooth pairing is critical for me!! does anyone know of a solution. im afraid i may have to go with a different supplier..very disappointed!!!

dm20141
I'm here a lot
Same issue. Up until a few weeks ago I had zero problems, now my headphones are pretty much unusable as the BT is so flaky. Don't have any issues using them with my phone or mac. Surely an update issue.

RickyRails
I've been here awhile
Update is my guess too and I have stop using my BT audio device too! Would be nice if Rogers at least acknowledged the issue for people wasting their time trying to troubleshoot this.
Topic Stats