Blocking offensive sites online

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adebaba1
I Plan to Stick Around

Blocking offensive sites online

The parental control on the new Rogers ignite modem I have does not allow for blocking specific offensive sites. How can I do this and block vpns too?

*** Edited Labels ***

RogersZia

Re: Blocking offensive sites online

Good evening @Adebaba1,

Welcome to the Community!

I can understand the importance of ensuring a safe online experience for your household. Ignite WiFi Hub offers streamlined Parental Controls to help do just that. You can learn more about how the Ignite WiFi Hub’s Parental Controls work and what content is blocked by checking out our support page FAQs about Parental Controls on Ignite WiFi Hub.

At this time, the ability to add or remove specific websites from Parental Controls is not available. 

Just as an FYI, Parental Controls are intended to help prevent devices from accessing inappropriate online content; however, they are not guaranteed to block access to all inappropriate sites and applications. Practicing online safety is always recommended.

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

Adebaba1
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure I understand your response. I’m quite aware of the parental control etc but what I am saying is it does not address anything really in my opinion and just blocks without recourse to whether that’s what you want or not and we do not have the freedom to choose what we want blocked. My old Rogers modem allowed me do that and employ DNS features and so I could block things like VPN etc. Long story short, I had control of my restrictions and not left to the ‘discretion’ of an invisible ‘bot’ or program etc.
stepy2015
I Plan to Stick Around

Use OpenDNS instead

Adebaba1
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello thank for reaching out. I’m actually zero techie and in the past called in to Rogers and had a tech walk me through but with this new modem I have been told no help can be given. How do I use open DNS? Are you able to walk me through the steps here?
My apologies if this is asking for too much.
Thank you