cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Weather Ignite TV Issues

Geo28280
I've been here awhile

Every time it rains my ignite tv and internet goes down. Anyone else have this issue as when I call Rogers they tell me everything is fine on their end and they can’t see anything wrong. This has been an issue for me ever since I switched to Rogers.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bad Weather Ignite TV Issues

Geo28280
I've been here awhile
Out again. No one has come out to look at it. I think it’s time to switch.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ginger-K
I've been here awhile
I experienced the same thing. Wifi is no good when weather is bad but my husband said it shouldn't be. To us, it could be because the cable is exposed outdoor.

@Geo28280 @Ginger-K that kind of issue would occur when you have water ingress into the external cable.  That cable only lasts so long before it fails.  If the failure is bad enough, it will simply fail, which is easy to detect.  When its a failure that you're seeing, thats harder to detect in a test.  The best time to call tech support is if the cable fails in a rainstorm and your internet service and any other cable dependent service has also failed.  It is easier to detect this if the cable has failed for a long enough period of time that that tech support simply can't reach the modem.  That pretty well indicates that "Its dead Jim".  In which case, its time for a tech visit to probably replace the external cable and its connectors.  A failure that is intermittent is much harder to detect.  Its also very annoying from a customer perspective.  If you have service drop outs of any system, internet, Home Phone, or TV call tech support and register a complaint, again and again if necessary.  After a few calls, tech support will get the message, even if the test that the tech will run indicates no problem at the time that the test was run.  Persistence is the key at this point.   

Ginger-K
I've been here awhile

@Datalink thanks for the explanation. That means I really need a tech to look at our set up before the winter comes.  

Geo28280
I've been here awhile
Out again. No one has come out to look at it. I think it’s time to switch.

Vsts
I'm here a lot
Same issue, 7 technicians and 5 tickets with Tech Support and they found the issue.

Good morning @Geo28280,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how inconvenient service interruptions can be! Have you had a chance to speak to our technical support department? Was there a tech scheduled to come out? 

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further :).

Welcome to the forums @Vsts  and thank you for the update. I'm glad the issue has now been resolved.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation