Back button on remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Back button on remote

Probably I don't see the obvious but I cannot figure out where is a back button when you are going through menus on Ignite TV.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Back button on remote

Use the last button

@svlacic wrote:

Probably I don't see the obvious but I cannot figure out where is a back button when you are going through menus on Ignite TV.

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Use the last button

@svlacic wrote:

View solution in original post

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.
I've Been Around

the last button what does that even mean?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@faimont_jeff : It's the one that says "Last" on it - to the left of the one that says "Info" on it.  Or am I misinterpreting your question?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I guess they dont understand what 'last' is referring to?
Compared to BACK, most people understand its to go back a menu/screen.

In the case of this, the LAST fuctions the same as a back button, going back to the LAST screen you were on.

I believe on live TV, it also brings up a menu of the last few number of channels, etc you were viewing.

I'm Here A Lot

What I'd like is a Previous Channel button.  It's a feature I've always used frequently.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The LAST button does that.. kinda.
If I remember right on the cable boxes, when you hit the last button, it went right to the last channel you were on.

On the Ignite, what it does is bring up the a list, showing the last X many channels visited, defaulting onto the last channel viewed.
Hitting OK, then will go to that channel.

So it is another button click, but doable.

I've Been Here Awhile

There is no LAST button on mine. Going to the previous channel is a very convenient feature if you accidentally bump the remote and change the channel, or if the cat steps on it, etc. I had it with Bell and used it often. Rogers channel lineup seems to have no rhyme or reason and I usually give up trying to find a channel and use the voice command. Without that I would be totally lost. After more than a month I still have no idea of the channel numbers and having to reset it to the ones I'm subscribed to every time I use the guide is a real pain too. I guess there was a reason Rogers is so much cheaper.

I Plan to Stick Around

@pkholl wrote:

There is no LAST button on mine. 

The "last" button is that big left-arrow to the left of the "voice control" button.

It will give you a list of several previously-viewed channels with the highlight defaulted on the most recent "last".

Choose the one you want and press the "ok" button.