cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG 10 Network - video freezing

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

For those of you who have BTN - the Big Ten Network, have you had any issues with the video freezing?  Audio plays fine without interruption.  Its been happening for about a week on all my tvs.  No issues with any other channels.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: BIG 10 Network - video freezing

RogersCorey

Greetings @jjjjy7!

Since we're not getting any reports from other users in this thread, we may need to escalate a ticket for you to have this investigated further.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here

Regards,

RogersCorey

jjjjy7

@RogersCorey    I suspect not many people have this channel, which is why there were no responses.   I tried accessing the channel on my phone as well - via the cellular network and my neighbour's wifi - all with the same results as my tvs, video periodically freezes.  Surely someone at Rogers can tune into the channel and see if there are video issues???

devine1
I've been here awhile

I wanted to lend my voice to this thread. I am also having the same issues with BIG Ten on ignite. It is obviously a network issue. The game(s) are freezing. It is happening on every TV in our home and only on this channel. I have also reported issue to Rogers. I noticed issues this weekend, specifically Saturday. I called and opened a ticket this morning at 7a.m. and someone closed the ticket later this afternoon. The Issue is NOT resolved.  I just spent another 20 minutes reopening another ticket and went through same process over again of restarting all modems etc. The issue is with BIG TEN Network, as all other channels are fine. ROGERS please fix this is an issue specifically with this channel.        

jjjjy7

@devine1  @RogersCorey Thank you for confirming there is an issue.  I continue to have the issue as well, so clearly your ticket should not have been closed.

Thezipper
I've been around

Same issue here for over a week. It affect the audio too. I have been “escalated” as well.
if this was sportsnet some would be fixing the problem

jjjjy7

@RogersCorey   channel is still not working correctly.   can we please get an update on the status of the fix.  When a ticket is opened, the next day they say its fixed.  It's not fixed!

devine1
I've been here awhile

I just received an automated telephone call (9:03a.m.) regarding my second opened ticket I reported about this ongoing issue (the first ticket had mysteriously been cancelled and no one could tell me how it happened). The automated message indicates "they cannot detect an issue". I am now once again inconvenienced with calling ROGERS and spending at minimum twenty or more minutes 'troubleshooting' boxes, which is NOT the problem and opening a third ticket with regards to the same ongoing issue. Can other people on this post please indicate where in Canada you are also reporting issue. I am in Ottawa.  ROGERS please provide proper support for your customers, who are reporting a legitimate issue and concern. 

jjjjy7

Ottawa here as well.  My neighbour has the same issues with the channel as well.  So far Rogers keeps telling me to reboot my modem... sigh.

devine1
I've been here awhile

It is obvious we are troubleshooting our own problem. Everyone I have spoken with is from Toronto (and no one has ROGERS cable or the BIG TEN channel to simply turn on and view for themselves) so perhaps this is a localized broadcasting problem here in Ottawa.

I just spent another 45 minutes on the phone (ridiculous), however, I spoke to a very helpful individual, IT SEEMS WE MIGHT HAVE SOME MOVEMENT BIG TEN FRIENDS, the agent finally agreed if 'issue' is happening on only one channel it is not boxes in my home or my televisions. I was told " it looks like issue is It is a broadcaster ISSUE".  Maybe customers are smart 🙂 and truly calling with legit concerns. I was told my newest opened ticket 'has been sent to different team for review'. Lets keep in touch on this forum and hopefully the issue can be resolved before our fall live season.     

jjjjy7

@devine1   Glad you are getting some traction.  All my tickets have been closed - as I was told there were no issues.  Yet, I still have the same issues with the video freezing.  

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation