Automatic deletion of recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Automatic deletion of recordings

This may not be obvious and will be surprise to those people converting to Ignite from a PVR with local HDD storage. When a recording is being setup on Ignite there are two options for saving the recording:

1. Keep until space needed, i.e., if you run out of space on the cloud then an existing recording would be deleted to allow a new recording to be added

2. Keep for 1 year

However, even if you you have specified to "Keep until space needed" and you have lots of available space, old recordings are automatically deleted after 1 year. I have not observed this deletion in time to see if they are placed in the Deleted box (for 1 or 2 days) and if they are recoverable, but I suspect not. Also not sure if the time of deletion is altered if you have recently watched the recording, or if you have not completely watched the recording.

Bottom line is no archival of your favourites even if you manage the space.

*** Edited Labels ***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Automatic deletion of recordings

@Bplayer  I can confirm that a recording will simply disappear after one year.  It does not go into "Recently Deleted".  There is also no indicator that auto-deletion is imminent nor is there a "Last Chance" filter to enable you to see which recordings are about to disappear either.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can someone tell me why the DVR will delete stuff from the recorded shows even though there's more than enough room to record more?

It's at 31% full, yet it is still deleting my saved up episodes of a now cancelled show and it's really annoying 😞

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Luber wrote:

Can someone tell me why the DVR will delete stuff from the recorded shows even though there's more than enough room to record more?

It's at 31% full, yet it is still deleting my saved up episodes of a now cancelled show and it's really annoying 😞

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

On Ignite TV, recordings will be deleted automatically (and will just disappear) after one year.  You can also filter recordings and display programs that were recorded on a specific set-top box, so check the settings to the left of the "%  Full" indicator and be sure that "Recorded On:" is set to "All Devices".

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thank you for the reply but dammit! I was saving those for a reason! how annoying 😞
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It seems strange to do this. If I have 200 hours - it's still 200 hours regardless of how old the recordings are so not sure there is logic to this system. Maybe give us an option to plug in an external drive to save those recordings. It's fine to keep it locked to the box for copyright reasons but we should be able to keep as long as we subscribe.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.