@Photoeng1 I just searched the Internet for "bose soundbar audio delay" and got help articles relating to adjusting this setting for several Bose products. Here's one: https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/setting-audio-delay.html
Are you able to adjust the delay on yours and get the audio back in sync?
However, I don't know why the audio would be delayed with recorded content... and only on this one TV, not others... but not with live content.
@Photoeng1 : I have the following comments, suggestions:
1. Check out the link in post 9 of this thread:
2. If the problem is with only one box, try swapping the location of the boxes. If the problem follows the box, then the box is the problem. If the problem stays with the TV/soundbar, then the TV/soundbar is/are the problem
3. Try connecting directly to the TV to see if the problem persists. If it goes away, then there may be an issue with the sound bar and you may need to try a different connection. How are you currently wired? Does your (HDMI) connect go "through" the soundbar to the TV or are you connected to the TV from the STB and then have an audio connection to the soundbar from the TV?
4. It's very strange that this happens only on recording playback. A reboot of the system usually resolves these sorts of sync issues.
5. Is the problem specific to one channel, or have you checked a variety of channels?
We recently switched to Ignite TV (what a mistake) and my dad has ALS so he watches TV all day long. I switched because I was trying to save my parents money by bundling up the services.
We’ve been having an issue where the audio does not match the video after the TV box is running for hours.
The only solution is to reset the box which is a nuisance every single day.
We’ve tried wired and wireless connections and the signal coming into the house is great.
The Rogers tech (3rd party) came back to install those wireless pods (I am not sure why as the modem is right beside my dads TV) all over the house with the same results.
Does anyone have any recommendations? We love the features of the ignite boxes but the desync is extremely annoying..
Links for proof taken on different days:
@laziokid there are two versions of the set top box, the Xi6-A and newer Xi6-T. If you flip the box over and look at the product label on bottom of the box, you should be able to see which model you have.
Synchronize program timing with 2 boxes
We often have the same channel on in the kitchen and living room. With our new Ignite boxes, the timing is always different between the 2. Is there a way to synchronize the programming so both boxes are aligned?