Arris XB6 Noisy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Arris XB6 Noisy

Yeah I have the Arris.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,
I just got the new Ignite modem/router and we"re finding the fan really intrusive. Actually, I have hearing loss in the high end and I can hear it. It's driving us a bit nuts. Is there any solution? Otherwise it seems to work well.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@johnkoensgen  Welcome to the Community!

There is really nothing that you can do about the fan noise.  I have had two Technicolor XB6 gateways from two different production batches and the fan noise was the same on both.  The original poster on this thread complained about the noise from the Arris XB6, and that version of the XB6 has a quieter fan.

Apparently, Rogers is in the process of taking the XB6-A out of circulation, so I don't think that customers can ask for that version anymore.  The only other option is to move the modem to another location, where the modem can still function properly but fan noise will be less bothersome.  If you try to hide the modem or enclose it, it could block the Wi-Fi signal and impede network connectivity in your home and/or cause your modem to overheat.

Are you just getting fan noise or do you also have vibration/internal rattling making the problem worse, that goes away when you apply pressure to the case or re-orient the modem?