cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV Authentication not working for CNN Go?

Jackie68
I've been here awhile

CNN will not authenticate via Rogers for Apple TV? This was working fine before very recently.  The authentication times out even though it says 'Activation Successful!'  I have an active account in good standing and was not able to speak to anyone via the support chat and or email.  I don't have multiple hours to engage in phone support.

***Added Labels***

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Apple TV Authentication not working for CNN Go?

bmva
I've been here awhile

I reached out to Rogers support directly. They pointed out that this problem appears to affect CNN Go / Apple TV users at other TV providers. See https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252476664.

Interestingly, while the problem clearly impacts Canadian users, it is less clear to me if it's also a problem in the US or other countries. One could speculate that this is either a technical or - worse - a licensing / distribution cross-border issue.

I reached out to CNN without any useful response. I asked Rogers to reach out to CNN as well. Perhaps they have more clout.

In the meantime, Air Play from my iPhone does the job.

GL2021
I've been around

I can also confirm that I can't view CNNgo through my AppleTV.  However, as of today, my inability to access CNNgo is also being encountered using my Roku streaming device.

CFireman
I've been here awhile

It is Monday, March 15, 2021, and after two days of trying, I cannot authorize CNN on my Apple TV. I have read all the troubleshooting suggestions and have tried them myself to no avail. I get "Activation Successful" yet no CNN. It would appear that starting and restarting is pointless since the issue appears to be somewhere other than the end-user. Yes, I sent a message after being forced to sign up for @ComunityHelps. After weeks of people posting to this forum that there is a problem, there is not one update on the issue or what Rogers is doing to fix it, no wonder Rogers is such a hated company. Maybe you could post something that would help users understand what is going on here?

CFireman
I've been here awhile

It is now Thursday, March 18, and although @CommunityHelps have been in contact, they have yet to help me. @CommunityHelps are aware of the problem and they have yet to post a resolution or acknowledgement of the issue. I wish they would say something here.

I still cannot activate CNN on my Apple TV.  It would appear that Rogers has abandoned my issue because I have not been able to follow or understand all the steps that were required for me to troubleshoot my problem. I completed all the steps required to authorize my Apple TV as I have so many times in the past. If a support escalation has taken place, the support people are unable to deal with the issue in a timely manner.

If you are reading this and are having the same issue, please make a post. If this appears to be a growing problem, maybe it will get moved up for a solution. I believe that everyone watching CNN on an Apple TV will have this problem once you hit three months since your last successful authorization.

Have a great day.

vdub
I've been around
I am having the same issue.

CFireman
I've been here awhile

In the Apple forum, there was an email address to contact the CNN app developers (AppleTV@cnn.com). I wrote to them last week asking for a resolution. Today I received this message;

"The issue you describe below has been identified and resolved. It is scheduled for release tomorrow March 23rd, 2021. Please reach out if you continue to experience the issue after tomorrow. Thank you, CNNGo Support."

I tried to authorize this morning and was unsuccessful. The app version is 2.10.3. I will try again tomorrow (March 24) to see if I can authorize then.

Good luck everyone.

FIL3
I've been here awhile

It's the evening of March 31, and I just tried the app today about a week since the last time, and all is working as it should.  My app version is also 2.10.3.

It appears CNNGo has fixed the problem.

Topic Stats