cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Gen No Sound With Rogers Ignite TV

neena0
I plan to stick around

Hi, I have Rogers Ignite and just got a set of Apple Air Pods Pro (2nd generation).  I am able to pair the air pods to the rogers ignite system but am getting no sound.  I have tried the following:

-exchanged air pods to another set, but same issue

-tried a second tv and ignite box, same issue

-called Apple, they said it's a tv issue - my tv doesn't have bluetooth, the bluetooth facility is through the rogers ignite box - no help

-my old pair of Apple Air Pods Pro (1st generation) worked fine, so this seems to be a 2nd generation issue.

Is the bluetooth chip in the rogers ignite box out of date?  no longer compatible with current apple technology-bluetooth protocols?

Any help to get the sound going would be appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Gen No Sound With Rogers Ignite TV

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around
The latest firmware for the AirPods Pro as of November 11th has FINALLY solved the problem and I now have sound when watching TV

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

RogersYasmine

Greetings @neena0!

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue in the Rogers Community! We're happy to have you. 🙂

Firstly, congrats on your new AirPods! I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting them paired to your Ignite TV service. I see you've sent us a PM--feel free to continue chatting with us there. I'll also post a few questions/ideas below as well for the rest of the Community to see and for you to try:

- Are your AirPods fully charged? (Sometimes, a weak charge can affect the connection)
- Have you attempted to connect them to any other Bluetooth capable devices to ensure that the problem isn't with the AirPods themselves? If so, were you successful?
- Have you tried 'forgetting' the AirPods in the Ignite TV settings or resetting the AirPods?
- Have you tried resetting your Ignite TV box(es)? (Click the 'Help' button on your remote > Restart)
- This may seem silly, but are you sure the volume levels are up on your AirPods?

Please feel free to post as to whether or not any of the above items helped. 🙂

RogersYasmine

neena0
I plan to stick around

Hi.  Yes I have tried all that you have suggested.

THey are fully charged, they work with my iPhone, I've actually exchanged the airpods for another set thinking it might be the air pods that are the problem, but I get the same issue, I have "forgotten" them numerous times and re-set them up, I've reset my ignite boxes, and I've double checked the volume for the air pods is up.  I tried my old air pods (1 gen) and they work fine, it's only the 2nd generation air pods that are giving me no sound.  They show that they are connected and paired, I get the little bell sound telling me the air pods are connected, but then no sound flows through

Fraser1
I've been here awhile

Yasmine I can report that I am having exactly the same problem that “neena0” has described with my “AirPods Pro 2nd Gen” and have gone through all the steps you have described with no effect. as an aside my Bose Series 45 headphones connect and work fine with the Ignite TV box.  Please investigate.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Comments and questions follow:

1. If Bluetooth works with older equipment, that leads me to think there is an issue specific to the newer equipment and Rogers boxes.

2. What is the Bluetooth version of the newer equipment? Looks like they're 5.3 based on my searches?

3. It's possible that the newer Rogers XiOne boxes with 5.0 may solve the problem if you've currently got the Xi6?  Or perhaps not, since the devices have 5.3, while the boxes have 4.2 and 5.0, there should still be backwards compatibility.  Although the version is typically not the problem, it may still be indicative of some sort of BT firmware incompatibility which Rogers may need to resolve/update (or perhaps Apple?).

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/New-Ignite-IPTV-box-XiOne/m-p/492191#M13981

neena0
I plan to stick around
Ok so now what? Each time I’ve spoken to a Rogers person, first they don’t understand the issue, then they automatically revert to it being an apple issue. No one seems to understand that this sounds like a BT compatibility issue. I’ve already brought that up and I get blank looks.

Fraser1
I've been here awhile

I can confirm that the Apple website indicates that the AirPods Pro 2nd generation are running Bluetooth Ver 5.3 My installation at home is using two Ignite TV boxes type Xi6-T.

I suggest Rogers Tech support try the Apple AirPods Pro 2 generation with the type  Xi6-T TV box to determine if there is a software incompatibility, then develop a patch.

Greetings @neena0!

I understand this is a frustrating matter, but we've looked into it for you and discovered that it is not an issue with Ignite TV. We're seeing varying complaints about the Gen 2 Airpods specifically having difficulty pairing to many different TV models.

I would recommend that you reach back out to Apple for further support. You can find more information at this link: AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

Regards,

RogersCorey

Fraser1
I've been here awhile

Thanks will follow up with Apple.

neena0
I plan to stick around

Ok, been to Apple store.  They checked out my air pods pro (2nd gen)...nothing wrong with them.  But for safety they swapped them for a new set and ran diagnostics on them to make sure they were ok.  They are.  Brought them home and tried them with my iPhone - they work, my laptop - they work, my desktop - they work, my tv connected thru rogers ignite - same issue, they pair, connect but no sound.  This is really frustrating that the only device they do not work with is Rogers Ignite TV yet Rogers insists that there's nothing with their system.  This is the 3rd set of Air Pods Pro (2nd gen) I've tried.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Still sounds like some sort of firmware (OS?) compatibility issue.  I did a search for this issue and there are even cases where the airpods won't connect with some apple products, depending on age, OS, etc.

https://ca.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Awr93diQ87ljOSQZZqHrFAx.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcyMTAwMwRfcgMyBGZyAw...

I'm not sure exactly who is at fault here, but it's often the case that some of the latest hardware may not be compatible with some other hardware that doesn't have the latest firmware.  Since Rogers relies on Comcast for their technology, I'm guessing that the issue will be resolved once Comcast has enough complaints.  I see that there have been a few posts on this topic. See sample below:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/flex/xi6a-bluetooth-connectivity-issues-with-airpod-pro-2/6...

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around

I am having exactly the same issue . Have tried everything I can think of with no luck.

neena0
I plan to stick around

I firmly believe this is a Rogers issue (or I gather Comcast who is behind the ignite boxes).  The air pods work with everything else in my house.  I suggest inundating Rogers with this issue until they look into it beyond the first level tech support where I keep getting blocked.  No one seems to be willing to admit there may be an issue at the Rogers side of the house.

Hello All,

We appreciate that you have brought this matter to our attention.

Our support teams are investigating the cause of this issue. Once we have more details we will update the community.

Thanks so much for your patience.

RogersTony

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around

OK Tony I think all of us would appreciate you looking into this. Can I make a suggestion you leverage the Rogers relationship with Comcast to find answers? Since they own the technology and no doubt have a deeper support team and a wider customer base it makes sense they may have already found a solution.

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around

Still have the problem, are you making any progress on a solution?

@garyfigueira, we do not have any updates to share at this time. We will keep the Community apprised of new information.

RogersZia

sm70
I've been around

I am having the exact same issue with Airpods Pro 2 connecting to Rogers ignite tv box but no sound. Can we please have a solution to this issue? I see this thread originated in Jan/23 and its now May/23 and still no workaround? Come on Rogers, fix this.

Lb34
I've been around
Any update on this? I’m having the opposite issue where my volume is so loud I would lose my hearing if I used them for longer than 5 mins. No other devices seem to have this issue…

neena0
I plan to stick around

Well, it's now August and still no solution!

neena0
I plan to stick around

This was an issue with previous version of AirPods too.  Rogers doesn't seem to like playing with Apple

Topic Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 10 in conversation