cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Miss the Old P-I-P (Picture-in-Picture) Feature?

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

Although the IGNITE TV experience is far superior to the Nextbox, I do miss the P-I-P (Picture-in-Picture) feature the old Nextbox PVR provided.

Sometimes, it's nice to keep tabs on 2 shows at once, e.g. keeping tabs on a sporting event.

Wonder if P-I-P can be possible with IGNITE?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone Miss the Old P-I-P (Picture-in-Picture) Feature?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe this was only possible on NextBox PVRs which had more than one tuner. All that's then required is to have some firmware display the signals from the tuners (or HDD) onto the screen.

IgniteTV only has one stream to each box, therefore, the PIP would need to be done at the head end or server level, which I doubt Comcast is interested in providing, since so few people require this feature.

Many people have a phone or tablet nearby to utilize for keeping tabs of other programming.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe this was only possible on NextBox PVRs which had more than one tuner. All that's then required is to have some firmware display the signals from the tuners (or HDD) onto the screen.

IgniteTV only has one stream to each box, therefore, the PIP would need to be done at the head end or server level, which I doubt Comcast is interested in providing, since so few people require this feature.

Many people have a phone or tablet nearby to utilize for keeping tabs of other programming.

JeffOgilvy
I'm here a lot

If only Rogers would release an Ignite TV app for the Apple TV.  I think it'd be very easy to allow PIP through the app.  In fact, the Rogers SportsNet app is really cool as it allows 4 multi-screen channels to be played at the same time.  For whatever reason, even though Bell, Telus, and Shaw have apps for their customers, Rogers refuses to release one for us.  

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation