Amazon Prime Video on Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Ignite TV?

Just wait few weeks, on its way guys.
Cheers now
I've Been Here Awhile

What a crazy response.  Ignite is a great streaming platform - I would love for it to integrate Amazon Prime and DAZN (for sports) the same way it does Crave TV streaming and Netflix Streaming (and YouTube for that matter).  Apple just announced yesterday that Amazon Prime integration is coming to Apple TV.  C'mon Rogers - don't get left behind.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jsomerv wrote:

What a crazy response.  Ignite is a great streaming platform - I would love for it to integrate Amazon Prime and DAZN (for sports) the same way it does Crave TV streaming and Netflix Streaming (and YouTube for that matter).  Apple just announced yesterday that Amazon Prime integration is coming to Apple TV.  C'mon Rogers - don't get left behind.

For what it's worth, I have also heard that Prime Video support is coming soon.  This is not exactly confirmation but for fun, try using Voice Control and say "Amazon Prime Video".  It used to do nothing.  Now it displays the following error:

Give Us a Few Minutes

We're having trouble opening this app.  Please give us a few minutes then try again.

APPS-04154

I've Been Here Awhile

Ya we know it doesn't work cause you guys are cheap and lazy but I belive the question is are you even working o it? Seems like people want it! Perhaps you guys could do something called "work" and achieve this small feat!

Or maybe show us full disclosure on how you come up with the price of a gigabyte
I've Been Around

Is amazon prime video available on Rogers ignite app?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Adamborgatti   Hi, and welcome to the Community!

We don't have an Amazon Prime Video app yet on Ignite TV but we have been told that it will be coming very soon: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ask-an-Expert-Ignite-TV-Pt-II/m-p/450717/highlight/t...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a smart tv that has the Amazon Video app on it.  Since going with Rogers Ignite I haven't been able to access the Smart features.  Anyone know how or if it's possible?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@davidouthwaite : What you need to do is connect the TV to the internet, via WiFi or ethernet cable.  I'm not sure how you were using it before.  You'll need to go into the TV WiFi settings and connect to the Rogers modem if you're using WiFi.  You'll need to know the WiFi username and the password.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's here!!!  Prime Video is now on my Apps screen!!!

(If you don't see it yet, restart you set-top box.)

I've Been Here Awhile

It's official, prime video is available on ignite tv, now. Hold the voice command and speak prime video.Enjoy