cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime App Issues?

yyz64
I plan to stick around

Anyone else have issues using the Prime video app?I find at least 50-75% of the time when I choose a show  and select it when a preview comes on and I select skip I quite often  Iose video to a black or frozen screen . Or I get a sound but no video andt then it just stops with a black screen.Never seen this using my firesticks.

I have even been "kicked" back to Ignite tv  live tv once or twice.

**Labels Added**

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Amazon Prime App Issues?

wand612
I've been here awhile

The message is: "Something went wrong. Please try again later. For more help, go to PrimeVideo.com/videohelp."

I thought it might be related to the fact that the ignite setup on this tv keeps giving us problems. Frequently, we turn on the tv and it takes up to a minute for a network program to show up, and the Rogers remote buttons don't work when it does. We got a new box, yet we still have to frequently reboot and I even refreshed the other day. It was perfect for a day, and now the problem is back this morning so I rebooted yet again. Not impressed.

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

Over the last few days I have been getting the same message from time to time.  Works fine when I stream directly via the app on my TV, just not the Ignite box.

jjjjy7

so here we go again.  Many of the shows on Prime are giving me the following message: 

"Something went wrong. Please try again later. For more help, go to PrimeVideo.com/videohelp."

Half the shows will play fine, the other half I get the above message.  On my other TVs I get the same message, but for different shows.  So one show will play fine on one TV, but not on the other, and vice versa.  My account is fine as no issues streaming via my smart TV or computer.  Just when going through the Rogers STB causes the problems - and yes I have rebooted.

jjjjy7

Rogers told me there are no issues with the Prime App - it must be my Prime account and to contact Amazon.  That's despite others on this message board receiving the same message and the Prime App working on every device, except the Rogers stb.

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 14 in conversation