cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All scheduled recording gone and missing shows.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Today I notice that all my scheduled recording is gone, and since thurday several shows didn't record, even if they where scheduled (I check several time daily) or disappears after recording ended. today there was an hour long show that stop recording after 20 minutes, I'm guessing that's the time all scheduled recording disappeared.

Hope that issue can get fixed.

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: All scheduled recording gone and missing shows.

dandesro1
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue. It happened yesterday, and the list came back after I re-entered a couple recording. The list disappeared again this morning, and just re-appeared after an hour or so. Waiting for Rogers to see how to fix the issue.

reed935
I plan to stick around

I had this happen to me as well last week.  All my scheduled recordings disappeared.  Noticed in the Guide, that the recordings were all showing as cancelled.  I went in to the first one I could find and resaved the series recording, and they then all came back.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had this happen to me earlier this year. I believe that the "Synch DVR" feature may help with this issue.  See my post on the topic in the following previous thread.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Scheduled-PVR-recordings-disappeared-Ignite-TV/m-p/4...

I believe the reason that the recordings come back when you schedule/modify a new recording is because the DVR synchs when you do that.

dandesro1
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the added details and pointers to the DVR Sync. I've seen other posts dating back to 2020, and there might be older ones. Any idea if this is being resolved by Rogers, or if it is expected to remain intermittent?

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I happen again today, I had to reset one of the show and add a new one to make the full schedule list re-appears, also some recording are marked "Recording Conflict", but those are mostly episodes I've already seen, but the guide still mark has "New" or don't have a "New/Repeat" marking.

Good thing I keep a copy/paste backup on spreadsheet, and that 2 of the shows that didn't record earlier has a timeshifing, so manually set them. I guess I'll have to keep an eye several time a day to make sure. And I'm trying to catchup on past recording has fast has I can. I'm afraid of clicking Sync, I don't want to loose everything, when I'm up to date, I'll be able to test it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This happened again to me again today.  Looked at my IgniteTV app like I do daily and all my scheduled recordings were missing.  I turned on my IgniteTV box and did a "Synch DVR" as indicated 3 posts up and all was OK again. I'm unsure if I missed any recordings during this time or not.

Is there any way to do a "Synch DVR" or similar if I'm travelling, because I won't be able to turn on my IgniteTV box if I'm not home.  (Perhaps a "Restart" using the WiFi Hub app would do the trick, but I've never used that while travelling...).  Perhaps scheduling a recording would also work...?  I'll have to remember to give those a try if/when it happens to me again.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation