All apple devices could not access Ignite TV services

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

All apple devices could not access Ignite TV services

This is another very strange problem with Ignite TV services.

Used to work. But starting today, all my apple devices could not access ignite TV services (ignite web on Mac , and App on IPhone and IPad). The funny thing is that Windows PC just works fine.

If I VPN tunnel all traffic from Apple device to a non apple device, it will work.

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: All apple devices could not access Ignite TV services

Hey @seanxushen,

Streaming your Ignite TV content on your smartphone, tablet or computer is an awesome feature. So let’s get you back up and running.

As you mentioned, it is a strange problem indeed. We’ll need some more information to help troubleshoot. To start, are you getting any type of error message when you’re trying the app or website on your Apple devices? 

The more information you can provide the better! 

RogersTim

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem resolved by resetting my router to factory default. 

I've Been Around

I am having this problem. I cannot access IGNITE TV via my MacBook using Safari or Chrome or my iPhone 8 using the app. I get error message every time. That I must "clear the browser cache" which I have done repeatedly on the web and that I am not connected to the internet with the iPhone app. In both cases this is untrue. I am very frustrated and 10 people from Rogers have not been able to help. They all say they are PC people and don't know Apple. They also say the issues are with my devices when I know they are not. Both are new devices with specifications that  far exceed the minimums for Ignite.

I Plan to Stick Around

@scraig wrote:

I am having this problem. I cannot access IGNITE TV via my MacBook using Safari or Chrome or my iPhone 8 using the app. I get error message every time. That I must "clear the browser cache" which I have done repeatedly on the web and that I am not connected to the internet with the iPhone app. In both cases this is untrue. I am very frustrated and 10 people from Rogers have not been able to help. They all say they are PC people and don't know Apple. They also say the issues are with my devices when I know they are not. Both are new devices with specifications that  far exceed the minimums for Ignite.

Sorry, I can't confirm this.  I'm also an Apple user (Mac and iPhone) and both Google Chrome on macOS and the Ignite TV app on iOS work fine for me.  I just tested watching live TV, recordings, and on-demand content.

My current setup is not "standard", so I can only confirm that there's nothing in Rogers' back-end systems that's stopping it from working.

Did you enable "Protected Browsing" on the XB6 through the Ignite WiFi Hub?

I'm Here A Lot

I have exact same problem. Ignite app worked for a short time on iPhone XR & iPad (6th generation)....now nothing but blinking dots. Have tried to delete & reinstall app numerous times. No change. When I call support I'm told the same thing...."I'm not an Apple tech" sorry can't help you.....seriously Rogers???? What kind of customer service is that?

I Plan to Stick Around

@scraig wrote:

Are you still experiencing this problem and if so, what specific error are you getting?

I have a new story to share.  I was doing some testing with Chrome 77-beta and got the following error: Ignite TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon. (Error ftde.xact.3305.403)

I searched the Comcast site but was not able to find any useful information as to what might be causing this.  Chrome 76 worked fine.  Time to do some debugging.

Dev Tools showed an error in the Console and the Flash-based TV app would not initialize, so my device could not even be added.  Multiple web sites are involved when initializing the streaming client and the failure was due to the origin header being set to null for a cross-origin request.  It turned out that this was due to a browser bug.  The Chromium team had refactored some referrer-related code and this caused the ignitetv.rogers.com site to break.  The bug is now in the process of being fixed.

I know that these issues can be frustrating.  Having the specific error message can help in troubleshooting problems, but not always.  I don't think that the Rogers Tech Support team would have been able to help much with this one.

I Plan to Stick Around

@medicineman wrote:

I have exact same problem. Ignite app worked for a short time on iPhone XR & iPad (6th generation)....now nothing but blinking dots. Have tried to delete & reinstall app numerous times. No change. When I call support I'm told the same thing...."I'm not an Apple tech" sorry can't help you.....seriously Rogers???? What kind of customer service is that?

This is a weird problem, especially since nothing is failing with an error message.  It looks like the Ignite TV app is waiting indefinitely for the stream to start.

Can you try changing the "Play Best Available" setting to see if this makes any difference?  Click the "three bars" on the upper left of the screen of the Ignite TV app, scroll to the bottom and click the "gear" to the right of Ignite TV, go into "Playback Preferences", and disable "Play Best Available".

It may or may not make a difference but it's possible that playback doesn't start because, for whatever reason, the backend cannot initiate a stream at the highest quality.

I'm Here A Lot

I attempted to re-install the app. NO luck. After app is downloaded from App Store I get the following message:

SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT HERE

We weren't able to add your device on the first try. Please verify that that you have a working internet connection......."OK"

After pressing OK I receive the following message.... Re-setting device.....

Then nothing....starts ok over again. 

FYI.. this occurs on iPad (6th generation) and iPhone XR. Both running iOS 12.4. 

This is so frustrating if not reduculousvv

Why can't Rogers get their act together and fix this problem?

I Plan to Stick Around

@medicineman wrote:

I attempted to re-install the app. NO luck. After app is downloaded from App Store I get the following message:

SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT HERE

We weren't able to add your device on the first try. Please verify that that you have a working internet connection......."OK"

After pressing OK I receive the following message.... Re-setting device.....

Then nothing....starts ok over again. 

I'd send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and ask them to escalate this issue to a 2nd-level (or higher) support team.  The Ignite TV app works fine for me on my iPhone, so it's not totally broken.  It looks like something about your account needs to be reset in the backend to get this working again.

Are you able to access https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ and stream to your computer or is that not working either?

If you are able to log into the Ignite TV web portal from your computer, if you go into the the "Manage Devices" settings, are you even able to see your iPhone or iPad in any of the sections of that page while they are running the Ignite TV app?