cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add channel temporarily

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

With Ignite TV, can I add a channel (or group of channels) to watch/record and event and afterwards cancel? Would the additional charge be prorated for a day?

***Added Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Add channel temporarily

Good day @OLDYELLR,

Thanks for asking! Our downgrade policy requires that we remove add-ons at the end of the billing cycle.

For channels that you can add as standalone via self-serve, that do not have a mandatory minimum period and if the channel is added and removed within the same billing cycle, there will be a partial charge on your bill for the time period it was active for. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

With Ignite TV, can I add a channel (or group of channels) to watch/record and event and afterwards cancel? Would the additional charge be prorated for a day?

That's a REALLY good question.  I have never tried to sign up for an individual channel so I have never seen the T's & C's associated with doing that... but I would be surprised if Rogers did not force you to keep the channel for at least one billing cycle.

Back in the day (and I don't remember who the client was that I was working with at the time) they were having internal discussions around single-channel pricing and the business rules for channel subscriptions.  Let's say that the cost for a particular channel was $3/month.  Back then, there were no self-service options and it could potentially cost them more just for the single interaction to add the channel, let alone the other associated costs.  At that time, there was no way that they would let you subscribe to that channel for a day and only charge you $0.10.

Ignite TV will also only let you exchange Flex Channels once every 30 days... so, again, I can't see Rogers allowing a one-day channel subscription unless it was an oversight on their part.  Perhaps the @CommunityHelps team can check into this and confirm what the current policy is.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm also pretty sure it's a one month minimum.  Also, some channels are only available in packages and not on their own.  Prices are outlined on the Rogers website.  You may need to provide an address since availability changes per location.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The reason I ask is that I have TV from my own ISP (not Rogers) and this past weekend my subscriptions did not include the  channel the Detroit Belle Isle Indy Car race was on. So I added the channel, which was active in minutes, recorded and watched the race, then removed the channel. It's prorated, so probably cost me under a buck, whereas a month subscription would be about $17.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : Let us know if that's actually what happens on your bill. Channels (and other items) are also pro-rated on Rogers, but only after you've paid for at least a month.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Well, the channel I added and then canceled after recording and watching it, is now gone, so I don't expect to be paying for a full month of it. My billing date is the 2nd of each month, so I'll let you know.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR In your case, I'd guess that you would only be charged for the days that you subscribed to the channel.

With Ignite, I don't know what business rules Rogers has set up in their back-end.  It all depends on who the decision makers were at the time the policy was made:

Those who take a short-term view, who want to maximize monthly and quarterly revenues, will want customers to subscribe to channels for a minimum of one-month.  Those folks will try to squeeze every cent that they can out of every subscriber in order to meet their revenue targets and forecasts.

Allowing one-day subscriptions also won't break Rogers.  They will save money in the end by not having to deal with customers who subscribed to a channel "by accident", billing complaints, or risk upsetting customers who may then choose to move to a competitor.  If it means that some households subscribe to Crave for only one weekend so that they can binge-watch Westworld, so be it.

I don't know whether Rogers' systems can accommodate this but another policy that they could choose to adopt would be to allow customers to cancel a channel subscription (or theme pack) only once during a billing cycle. If the customer wishes to resubscribe again within 30 days, then they must keep the subscription for a minimum of 30 days.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR : Let us know if that's actually what happens on your bill. Channels (and other items) are also pro-rated on Rogers, but only after you've paid for at least a month.

I got my June bill today.  I had added Sportsnet World to my lineup on June 05 to watch the Belle Isle IndyCar race and cancelled it on June 06. Total prorated charge after credit was $0.56.  I would think that Rogers Ignite TV would do the same. @CommunityHelps  can you confirm?

Good day @OLDYELLR,

Thanks for asking! Our downgrade policy requires that we remove add-ons at the end of the billing cycle.

For channels that you can add as standalone via self-serve, that do not have a mandatory minimum period and if the channel is added and removed within the same billing cycle, there will be a partial charge on your bill for the time period it was active for. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation