cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing streaming apps via ROGERS remote has me sign in too often :(

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

We have had the IGNITE for now over a month. I like that I can use the single ROGERS remote for 'everything' i.e. no need for say our roku remote to access any streaming service we use BUT accessing these streaming service i.e. ROGERS button and then scroll over to "Apps" and selecting NETFLIX or Apple tv+ or prime video ("You're entering a 3rd party app"), we are asked too often to (re) sign in to any of the services :(...especially "Prime". Why is this? IS there something I can do differently and still use the single Rogers remote?

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Accessing streaming apps via ROGERS remote has me sign in too often :(

mn5656
I've been around
We have been having the same issue with ours for months on end. And have even swapped out the box! I hope someone has a fix... it's been frustrating here too

Re: Accessing streaming apps via ROGERS remote has me sign in too often :(

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What happens if you say "Crave" or "Stingray" or something similar into the voice command for whatever app you wish to utilize? I usually say something like "Stingray, Greatest Hits" and it takes me directly to that particular stream.  Or "Sopranos, Season 2, Episode 5 and again I'm taken directly to that particular programme.  So, basically it's working fine for me.  Occasionally I may utilize the remote buttons - Remote - Apps - Etc, but that works for me too.  On a different TV/box, every night before we sit down together, my wife uses the voice commands all the time to get to her programming - no issues (Game of Thrones or Succession for example).  Good luck.

PS. We don't have Netflix, but we did have Prime and Disney+ for a few months or a year a while back.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation