Accessing Crave on Ignite TV app?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dwarf-vader
I've Been Around

Accessing Crave on Ignite TV app?

I subscribed to Crave on their website, but I don't know how to link it to my ignite t.v. so I can watch stuff on there. Any suggestions?

*Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersLaura

Re: Accessing Crave on Ignite TV app?

Hi @Dwarf-vader!

A huge welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, we're glad to have you! Congrats on your very first post! 😁

With Game of Thrones just around the corner, many customers (including myself) are making sure that our subscriptions to Crave are in place! Not to mention, all of the other amazing content that it has to offer!!

In order to access the Crave content via your Ignite TV app, you would need to subscribe to the service through Rogers. If you subscribed to this service directly through Crave you will not have access to it through the Ignite TV app, however, you can still access it online at Crave.ca. It’s also available via the Crave app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox, and Amazon Fire TV.

If your main objective is to be able to view it on your Ignite TV app, you can always cancel your current subscription through Crave and then activate a new subscription through Rogers. Crave is a pre-paid service and you can cancel your subscription at any time, but you will still have access to the service until your following renewal date. There are no refunds possible for cancelling your subscription.

The cost for the Crave service through Rogers is currently $9.95/month plus applicable taxes. You can call 1.866.299.3622 to speak to a live Ignite Concierge agent to have the service added to your account.

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersLaura

Hi @Dwarf-vader!

A huge welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, we're glad to have you! Congrats on your very first post! 😁

With Game of Thrones just around the corner, many customers (including myself) are making sure that our subscriptions to Crave are in place! Not to mention, all of the other amazing content that it has to offer!!

In order to access the Crave content via your Ignite TV app, you would need to subscribe to the service through Rogers. If you subscribed to this service directly through Crave you will not have access to it through the Ignite TV app, however, you can still access it online at Crave.ca. It’s also available via the Crave app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox, and Amazon Fire TV.

If your main objective is to be able to view it on your Ignite TV app, you can always cancel your current subscription through Crave and then activate a new subscription through Rogers. Crave is a pre-paid service and you can cancel your subscription at any time, but you will still have access to the service until your following renewal date. There are no refunds possible for cancelling your subscription.

The cost for the Crave service through Rogers is currently $9.95/month plus applicable taxes. You can call 1.866.299.3622 to speak to a live Ignite Concierge agent to have the service added to your account.

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

Colucci1081
I've Been Around

We have a Roger's bundle that includes Crave and HBO, we use also the apple TV, how can we access the crave app on TV, when we go on TV on Crave on Demand it says we have to pay for streaming, isnt it free?
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May want to call them, and make sure things are linked properly.

ON TV, yes you should be able to just access the content there.
On the apps (say on phone, etc) you would need to click in that you have access through your carrier.  Then choose rogers, and use your rogers login tied with your TV account.

PWduncan
I've Been Around

just another way for rogers to get money  Before i switched to Ignite I didn't have any problems accessing crave tv.  Ignite has given us too many problems  This just being one of them  Disappointed customer

RogersMoin

Hello, @PWduncan.

Thank you for joining this discussion and welcome to Rogers Community Forums. 

Not able to access Crave after switching to Ignite TV is surely disappointing. Can you please elaborate on which cable service you were having before and how you accessed Crave?

If you have a direct Crave subscription, the Ignite TV service can't see your subscription unless it's subscribed through Rogers, as explained in the solution post. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

keswickbob
I've Been Around

Just another Rogers Ignite ripoff-I subscribed for a (temporary) 1/2 price special on the Crave site, just to check it out, and now find that I can't view it on my TV unless I pay full price to Rogers

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@keswickbob wrote:

Just another Rogers Ignite ripoff-I subscribed for a (temporary) 1/2 price special on the Crave site, just to check it out, and now find that I can't view it on my TV unless I pay full price to Rogers

Okay, but you would also have that same issue if you were a Fibe TV customer.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@keswickbob wrote:

It seems like you can sign up with Crave directly from their web site for their service and they have unique promotions such as the one you mentioned.  When you are signing up this way, you are bypassing Rogers  or who ever your cable company is and signing up directly with Crave.    This is meant for people who dont have cable at all to sign up and be able to watch Crave.  You would have to use the website or App to watch it.

Rogers would have no idea you signed up thru them directly so they can not activate the channels on your box.  Yes you could have ordered Crave thru Rogers directly and have it added to your cable package,  however Rogers would likely have different promotions because They are the provider and its up to them and they can bundle it with other channels like HBO or Starz or some thing like that.  Not really a rip off but just a different way of signing up for something

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Crave is a Bell Media Company and I was in a similar situation when I was a Bell Fibe TV customer.  I left Fibe TV and signed up for Crave directly.  When I returned to Fibe TV, after they finally had a fix for my technical issues, I had to cancel my direct Crave subscription and order the package again as part of my TV service.

@keswickbob  This is not a "Rogers Ignite ripoff".  If Bell wrote a Crave app for the X1 platform, Rogers could at least let you watch that way, and when the Crave icon appeared under "Apps" screen, I though that this may have actually happened.  I asked whether direct subscribers could access the service using their Crave login.  Unfortunately, the "Crave" icon that Rogers displays is not a true app; just a convenient way to access Crave if they subscribed to it as part of their Ignite TV service.