rogers.com/onlinevoicemail link not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: rogers.com/onlinevoicemail link not working

@Ialreadyregiste

You are 100% correct. First they tell us that we can no longer save our voicemails past 45 days. Then they tell us that we can log into the voicemail site and save them - except for one thing  - you can no longer log into the voicemail site because Rogers has messed up once again! 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless they have fixed since yesterday..

https://onlinevoicemail.rogers.com/webvi/

Works perfectly fine for me.

Was able to listen and save one.

(using IE11 on windows 10)

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Unless they have fixed since yesterday..

https://onlinevoicemail.rogers.com/webvi/

Works perfectly fine for me.

Was able to listen and save one.

(using IE11 on windows 10)

And the fact that you're using IE11 is precisely why it works.

Chrome and Firefox have dropped support for the old SSL cipher (or something) that that site uses. Safari and IE continue to support it, so it works fine there... 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah.. Yes.
Running into the exact same thing at work..  some internal servers for our phone system, etc... they all have out of date certs.

Which is FINE for internal.. we trust them..

BUT.. FF and Chrome have taken upon itself to completely block out the out of date ones.
I understand its for everyones SAFETY... but it is very unfortunate that they DO NOT give an option to add an exception for it 😞

At least the site IS working.
Just not in specific browsers.

Highlighted

Is there any update on this issue with Chrome and Firefox? I am still getting the following message on Chrome: Unable to connect securely to the server. This website may have worked previously, but there is a problem with the server. Connecting to such sites weakens security for all users and thus has been disabled.  Four weeks have now gone by, yet Rogers does not seem to be doing much to fix this issue.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Spoke to a tech chat today - not known when these will be dealt with - one rep made the mistake of telling me that IE tis most prevalent used browser, so what is the issue.  I pulled the h.stas from the Internet - IE, even with windows 10 now is still around 7% and has been there since 2008, Chrome at over 60% and Firefox not that far behind.  He did say he guessed that he had may have been misinformed, but he wasn't at theh, I got sent to the wrong group on the chat.  Above is what I heard from the actual tech.

So nothing known as far as I know today.  The tech said, he agreed it needs to be soon.

Wait and see.

Bruce

Highlighted

@BS

Yep - many misinformed techs at Rogers and not even the courtesy of a reply from Rogers on this thread!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I would accept the argument that Chrome and Firefox should have put out alternatives.  Let's be clear though - they did, a long time ago, for the security of the whole Internet for all, the same goal for firewalls and antivirus that we are sometimes told to turn off, or popup blocks from non certificate sites. It is to protect us all. And they gave the companies and the industry lots of warning.  It is not the fault of the browser companies.  Any company that is having problems with new browser standards is not being responsible in terms of staying up with current protocols and security standards.  So fix it.

Bruce

Highlighted

@RogersAsif wrote:

Welcome to the Community @riteside

I just tried the website on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and it worked. What browser are you using?

Try using www.rogers.com/vvm

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

This is not a solution at all. It does not work using Chrome. Not sure why it would have been tagged since I tried the above Website and this is what I get: Unable to connect securely to the server. This website may have worked previously, but there is a problem with the server. Connecting to such sites weakens security for all users and thus has been disabled.

Please fix it!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

After 2 weeks of getting a phone message on my open ticket on this issue, on Monday, this week, I get the message that it appears that my concern has been resolved.

Nope - It would appear that Rogers will get around to setting up their apps (access to voice mail, and accessing Rogers One Number being the most obvious) when they feel like it - as long as it works on IE11, they seem to feel that we should be satisfied with this solution. I now have four different browsers on my computer - Firefox is default as this is my wife's primary computer at home and she uses Firefox at work  - worldwide usage 20.6% I use Chrome - 65.9% worldwide usage, IE (all types - and keep in mind Microsoft Edge their new browser doesn't work either) 7.2%, Safari 3.6 % and Opera 1.4%

Given the reality that the standards have been made more secure - lead by the two largest browser compaines out there, and that the standards being used by Rogers are decades old, isn't it time they took it seriously, or are they going to wait for IE11 to change their standards to meet the industry standards - Microsoft says not until 2023 will they will they stop supporting IE11, so I guess that is one way for Microsft to try and get people back on their browsers - let enterprises continue to operate on old standards, while moving forward to new standards with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

So I guess Rogers will continue to be a follower, not a leader when it comes to staying current with industry standards.

So in summary, we will have to continue to listen to the recommendations of "what browser are you using?", "Do you allow pop-ups for Rogers sites?", "Have you cleared your cache and cookies?".  

Oh yeh, it will only run on IE11. 

Just add it to the other technology bugs between web access, app access to sites, various issues with apps on Lolipop on android, and Navigtr - Rogers tech and consulting companies and providers have some serious work to do, "when Rogers gets around to making it a priority"

Bruce