number of rings before message picks up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

number of rings before message picks up

Right now our phone messager picks up on the 4th ring.  How can I make it pick up on the 6th instead?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: number of rings before message picks up

no, unfortunately, DCF Delay is hardcoded at 4 rings in the Switch

Retired Moderator RogersReggie
Retired Moderator

Hi boone,

You can change the number of rings before your home phone goes to voicemail by completing the following steps:

To change the number of rings before calls are forwarded to your Voicemail:

1. Pick up your receiver and dial * 9 4
2. After the tone, enter the desired number of rings (from 2-9) before unanswered calls are directed to your Voicemail. You will hear two beeps to confirm you have successfully made the change.

Hope this helps.

A thread on this topic was created in the Home Phone section.  In the future, you can try using the Search function at the top of the page to see if other users have posted similar questions and received any responses to help save you some time 🙂

@Pauly, you can change the number of rings for Rogers Home Phone.  For Wireless devices, the default is 4 rings or 20 seconds.

I've Been Here Awhile

Is there any 'Rogers' answers as to why they don't upgrade this lame feature?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know the Rogers wireless is 20 seconds or 4 rings, I just posted it above your post beacuse I was answering the question. However i did not know about rogers home phone

I've Been Here Awhile

Can anybody help me?

my voice mail message ("please leave a message") goes off after only 3 rings, and it is hard sometimes to reach for the phone in time. How do I change the number of rings (say 6 or 7) before the voicemail message starts?

Thanks in advance

Carlo

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi carlocoen,

You can change the number of rings before your home phone goes to voicemail by completing the following steps:

To change the number of rings before calls are forwarded to your Voicemail:

1. Pick up your receiver and dial * 94
2. After the tone, enter the desired number of rings (from 2-9) before unanswered calls are directed to your Voicemail. You will hear two beeps to confirm you have successfully made the change.

Hope this helps.

A thread on this topic was created in the Home Phone section. In the future, you can try using the Search function at the top of the page to see if other users have posted similar questions and received any responses to help save you some time Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much. It works, PERFECTLY!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

The phone currently rings 3 times and then goes to a recorded message. How to I increase/decrease the # of rings before the caller goes to a recorded message? 

I've Been Here Awhile

I just found the answer: press *94 , then press 2-9 for the # of desired rings before it goes to your recorded message.