how do i check usage on long distance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

how do i check usage on long distance

i have subscribed to the international long distance package. how do i know when i am over my limit. is there a way to check my usage.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: how do i check usage on long distance

Unfortunately tracking your long distance minutes on a home phone service is not a trackable option yet on My Rogers.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Unfortunately tracking your long distance minutes on a home phone service is not a trackable option yet on My Rogers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just called rogers to know how can i track my long distance minutes usage. they dont have any option . I am surprised what kind of services they are offering. I am very disappointed
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I too found out (after I signed up for the package) that there is no way to assess your long distance usage. Honestly, there is no excuse for this... I hate to say it but I don't wonder if it is by design... making it easy to go over your limit and be charged for it (no small charge either).

A number of the people I work with are getting rid of their land lines and going with just their cell, with the ever increasing expense of my home phone and lack of options it is a thought. Aside from the long distance issue, the answering service has fewer options than the one I had 15 years ago (with another company that shall remain nameless).

My home phone charge just went up again, so I hope Rogers considers improving the service.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

You cannot be charge overages if Rogers does not come up with a way to check your usage. This is according to a lawyer friend of mine.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks for the update!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone figured this out? I keep getting $100 overages every month.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@izzkid : What Home Phone plan do you have?  It sounds like you may need to change your plan, or, if you're talking long distance internationally, get one of the optional plans to minimize your costs.

I have unlimited US/Canada calls and pay very little for Home Phone as part of my bundle.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-phone

Click the Long Distance Tab to see sample charges.

Be aware that calls to cell phones are much higher than landline calls internationally...

There is currently no long distance usage option, so you'll need to keep track yourself.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the quick response. I have the $10 LD package which provides 930 minutes. My wife consumes it all and goes over. Then gets charged $0.21/min which adds up quickly. I'm looking for a way to alert me.

This is a concern. Obviously the system is in place to charge me when it goes over. Not sure why an email or another form of communication cannot be sent.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@izzkid wrote:

...930 minutes. My wife consumes it all and goes over. 

Wow, over 16 hours per month not enough...  You may wish to consider investigating something like VOIP or WhatsApp or Facetime, or whatever via WiFi to minimize costs at your end.  It may not be possible to use these for all your calls, but probably many of them?

There is currently no "alert" option.  Where is she calling?