I was told that I already have Home and Away Block Callers
You may indeed have this as part of your Rogers Home Phone package, but I found the Online Manager blocking functionality very difficult (impossible) to use. As well, IIRC, there are only about 30 slots available for blocking which is not nearly enough. As discussed earlier in this thread, call blocking is useless these days because telemarketers are always changing their numbers, so the call block number is of (almost) no use as soon as you enter it into your phone/blocking list.
Been trying to block a number on my home phone, but when I go the online manager and click on privacy settings, nothing loads in. Seems to be stuck in a loop. Tried on multiple devices and same thing. Is there another way to block numbers?
@jjjjy7 : Please look at the links in post 93, the one above yours. You will find the following:
1. The Online Manager doesn't seem to function very well for anyone.
2. Blocking calls can be accomplished using the call blocker within many cordless phones, or a separate call blocking device.
3. Unfortunately, most telemarketers don't use the same number twice, they dial at random and generate new (spoofed) numbers with each series of calls, so that you can enter the number into a call blocker, but most times it's totally ineffective because that number isn't used again.
4. I find the only useful thing is to use a "distinctive ring" for calls that I want to answer (ones that are in my phone's directory or "white list"). I ignore all other calls.
5. If I notice that a telemarketer has called several times using the same number, then I do enter that number into my phone's call block and it only rings once.
I have noticed a huge increase in nuisance calls in the past week or so, but sometimes it comes in spurts and then goes away - perhaps because they are "caught" and stopped somehow, or moved on.
I have the Rogers home phone service. I am constantly getting suspicious phone calls from various telemarketers, and scams, etc. I already registered my number with the Canadian Do Not Call List but yet they still seep through from all sorts of numbers.
How can I enable something on Rogers side to help prevent these annoying callers?
@rayray519 : It looks as though your post may have been moved to this existing thread. Please read post 95, the one above yours. You will see that Telemarketers are always rotating phone numbers and spoofing them, so call blocking is usually useless.
Service providers will however have to introduce technology called STIR/SHAKEN this year to combat spoofed calls, etc. See the following thread on that topic:
The deadline for the service providers is currently set at June 30, 2021. Let's hope it gets implemented by then. In the meantime, perhaps my other suggestions in post 95 will help.