blocking calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

blocking calls

Good afternoon all

Is there such a feature on rogers home phone that will enable me to block someone from calling my home phone

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: blocking calls

Hi rbreedon,

Thanks for joining the community.

Here is a great source to start out with: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_homephone

Also, most telemarketers have their names and numbers blocked, *60 won't be able to add that number to your list. You can select the option "All private callers will receive a message stating you are unavailable" but you might want to try the manual method to enable this feature using the * codes.

To activate Anonymous Caller Rejection, you can pick up your phone and dial *77 and listen for a busy signal then hang up.

To deactivate Anonymous Caller Rejection, you can pick up the phone, dial *87 and wait for the busy signal again.

You might want to try toggling the feature off and on just to make sure it is enabled properly.

I'm Here A Lot

How come rogers home phone tells me *77 is not a feature?  When I try it the phone says it is not an enabled feature - why?

@mfaust

I'm not too sure, can you please provide me with more details?

What home phone model are you using and what area do you reside in?

Thanks

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers says I need to pay to have it enabled. I thought it was a global feature like *69.

Retired Moderator RogersReggie
Retired Moderator

Hi rbreedon and mfaust,

@rbreedon
If you would like to reject calls from a specific number, you would need to subscribe to the "Call Screen" This feature rejects incoming calls from a list of numbers that you specify. You can subscribe to this feature monthly, or you can subscribe to Rogers Home & Away Online Manager which includes this feature.
For information on using Call Screen, you can go to this link:
http://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-phone

@mfaust
Anonymous Caller Rejection or *77 is not a global feature. You can subscribe to it for a monthly fee, and if you subscribe to Rogers Home & Away Online Manager, it is included. Anonymous Caller Rejection will reject incoming calls from private or blocked numbers.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have recently been receiving calls from the phone # 11234567890.  Anyone know who it is or where it is from.  Can it be reported to the authorities?  Any options?

Hi holmesdecker,

It sounds like you'll need to block this number.

Our technical moderator, RogersJean, spoke to this below and  here.

Thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/HomePhone/message-id/49#M49

Hi rbreedon and mfaust,

@rbreedon
If you would like to reject calls from a specific number, you would need to subscribe to the "Call Screen" This feature rejects incoming calls from a list of numbers that you specify. You can subscribe to this feature monthly, or you can subscribe to Rogers Home & Away Online Manager which includes this feature.
For information on using Call Screen, you can go to this link:
 http://www.rogershelp.com/rhp/category.php?id=10L-3W

@mfaust
Anonymous Caller Rejection or *77 is not a global feature. You can subscribe to it for a monthly fee, and if you subscribe to Rogers Home & Away Online Manager, it is included. Anonymous Caller Rejection will reject incoming calls from private or blocked numbers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I've Been Around

Ok, so your telling me that it is a telemarketer calling when you get the number  (1-234-456-7890) on your CALL DISPLAY??? - we haven't been answering it, so don't know because I figure once you start answering these strange numbers, they will keep calling back??

Is that right Mr. Rogers ??

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

A phone number appearing as 123-456-7891 would be a Telemarketer as they sometimes hide the actually phone #. 

If you would like to prevent Telemarketers from calling your home line you can sign up for the National Do not call list via the following link.

This won't prevent all calls but will help reduce the total amount.
Topic Stats