I was told that I already have Home and Away Block Callers
You may indeed have this as part of your Rogers Home Phone package, but I found the Online Manager blocking functionality very difficult (impossible) to use. As well, IIRC, there are only about 30 slots available for blocking which is not nearly enough. As discussed earlier in this thread, call blocking is useless these days because telemarketers are always changing their numbers, so the call block number is of (almost) no use as soon as you enter it into your phone/blocking list.
Been trying to block a number on my home phone, but when I go the online manager and click on privacy settings, nothing loads in. Seems to be stuck in a loop. Tried on multiple devices and same thing. Is there another way to block numbers?
@jjjjy7 : Please look at the links in post 93, the one above yours. You will find the following:
1. The Online Manager doesn't seem to function very well for anyone.
2. Blocking calls can be accomplished using the call blocker within many cordless phones, or a separate call blocking device.
3. Unfortunately, most telemarketers don't use the same number twice, they dial at random and generate new (spoofed) numbers with each series of calls, so that you can enter the number into a call blocker, but most times it's totally ineffective because that number isn't used again.
4. I find the only useful thing is to use a "distinctive ring" for calls that I want to answer (ones that are in my phone's directory or "white list"). I ignore all other calls.
5. If I notice that a telemarketer has called several times using the same number, then I do enter that number into my phone's call block and it only rings once.
I have noticed a huge increase in nuisance calls in the past week or so, but sometimes it comes in spurts and then goes away - perhaps because they are "caught" and stopped somehow, or moved on.