Wireless home phone password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Wireless home phone password

Just set up my wireless home phone. When at home can I disable the need to enter the password for checking voicemails?

Thx

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Wireless home phone password

I'm not sure why people are saying you can't.

To skip the password prompt at home.  *98  (your password) followed by the prompts. #4, #2, #1, #2, choose skip password on.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Toronto, Ont.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All 'remote' type voicemails... rogers home phone.. this one, etc... all require a password.. as they are not stored LOCALY but on a server with many other people mailboxes.

SOME Phones..  have an option to program a code INTO it that when you press the VM button it enters the code automatically.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @LarsIngemar

Welcome to the Forums !

Unfortunately there’s no way to bypass entering your password on the wireless home phone service as this is a security feature.

As an alternative, you can turn off your voicemail completely. Please review the following thread here .

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.

One more, call display only displays phone number, not name. Always worked with the same phone using Rogers internet based home phone. Any setup needed?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @LarsIngemar,

Do you recall what base model you have? Name Display is only included  with the  WF721 device or later

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a WF721, got it last Thursday.

Appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@LarsIngemar

Thanks for confirming the model you are using.

We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your account details and help you resolve the issue. To access your account I will need to verify your account details. 

I’m going to send you both a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not sure why people are saying you can't.

To skip the password prompt at home.  *98  (your password) followed by the prompts. #4, #2, #1, #2, choose skip password on.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Toronto, Ont.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How can i reset my homephone vm password?
Highlighted

Hi @SharMar57,

Welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Just to clarify are you looking to change the current password or reset the current one in case you've forgotten it? 

The following steps describe how to access voicemail with the Wireless home phone service:

1. Press and hold 1 from your home phone handset.
    • If holding 1 doesn’t work, you can dial *98.
  2. When connected to the voicemail, follow the system prompts to navigate and manage your voicemails.

In case you experience any errors, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can definitely help you with your request.

RogersZia