Wi-Fi modem causing issues with home phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Wi-Fi modem causing issues with home phone

On Wednesday Rogers came in to set up a new wi-fi modem to my desk computer and now my rogers home phone is making a pulsating noise on it.  Can hear it through the dial tone and when speaking to someone.  People on the other end cannot hear it.  Very loud and bothersome.  Never had a problem with the phone prior.

ladybird

**Edited Labels**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Wi-Fi modem causing issues with home phone

Good evening @ladybird,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I am sorry that you have been experiencing issues with your home phone line since the new modem has been in place.

Have you spoken to our technical support team about it?

Community, feel free to chime in ! - Anyone experienced this issue before?

Let us know if you need further assistance! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are the two modems, internet and home phone close to each other, or are you using a cordless phone which also uses the 2.4 Ghz band?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are on a cordless try picking up a corded handset, also try changing the channel on your cordless if it allows (check the manual that came with it)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Resolved.  Changed channels several times and even checked the modem. 

Rogers helpdesk  told me to go into the phone and set up my voicemail but since I was an exiting customer I already had voicemail.  Anyway thought what the heck I went into voicemail and after I hung up there was no pulsating tone, it was gone.