Where is the Home and Away Call Manager to change the long distance ring?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is the Home and Away Call Manager to change the long distance ring?

I searched support to find out how to switch off the long distance ring on my home phone. It said to go to the Home and Away call manager. I don't have one in my account. When I click on "manage voicemail" it's a dead link to a non existent page. I can't do anything in there. 

I realize I can do *49 but I've done this before and still get the long distance ring, so I'm unaware if it's activated or deactivated. I don't know how to tell. I'd rather use the online manager as you actually tell it to activate or not.

I called rogers about this a few months ago and they couldn't find the "online Manager" for me, said that was weird that it wasn't there in my account, and just told me to do *49.

Thanks!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Where is the Home and Away Call Manager to change the long distance ring?

Home and Away Online Manager or Voicemail Call manager?
As those are two separate features.
I have both so I'll quickly go into myRogers and find out for you. Smiley Happy (Give me like 5 mins lol)
Highlighted
Rogers Employee

Found it.

It is under Online Manager. Which is a additional Feature.

As you can see:

LDConf.jpg

After clicking Configure:

LDId.jpg

You can choose to have it on or off (ring differently or normal).

Home and Away Online Manager also has Call forwarding Built in. So If you have call forwarding, you can replace it.

It also allows you to block unknown numbers or specific numbers (Black List) or Allow only certain numbers to come through (White List). Actually, that is why I have it. I don't like Telemarketers hehehe.

Hope this Helps @fionafars!

Ask any thing else you like, here to help Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi! Thanks for your detailed reply. Unfortunately I do not have "Online Manager" in my account under home phone. When I called a few months back, the rep noticed it too but didn't know how to activate it and that's why I'm here. The rep should have found out for me but it took so long for Them to understand what I was looking for that I didnt push it any further. 

Any other ideas? 

Thanks!

Rogers Employee

Hey there @fionafars

Fair question to ask, and Ideas? I have ANSWERS lol Smiley Very Happy

If you don't have Online Manager, you need to get it.

As of now, we have confirmed this together. This is the feature you need/want.

Now, the next step is to find out what features do you already have? You can go to myRogers profile (sign in ofcourse) and go under services and then your homephone.

You can see the list of features there.

HomePhoneServices.jpg

After that, you'll see your features...

HomePhoneFeatures.jpg

Once you click that Online Manager Link (If you have it already) you'll go the to the page on my first post!

Now if you don't have it. (And don't want to pay additional for it), look at features you don't use on that page, and you can replace it.

It all depends on the plan you have.

Essential: No/Zero (0) Features

Favourites: 2 Features

Delexue: 6 Features

---

Ignite Old HomePhone: 6 Features

Ignite New HomePhone Canadian LD: 3 Features

Ignite New HomePhone Canadian/US LD + INTL: 6 Features

After this, you should know what you want. Next step is to speak to Customer Service OR Live Chat OR do it yourself by clicking "Manage Features" on the HomePhone page (last screenshot).

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy