cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP settings for a softphone / Service over Internet

ScottSut
I've been here awhile

I previously had VOIP service with a different carrier.

I was able to configure my laptop's softphone to work with my phone number from anywhere. I could also take a VOIP device and set it up so all I needed was an internet service and the phone would work.

What are the setting I need to use to provide access to my Rogers number over voip?

Thanks!

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: VOIP settings for a softphone / Service over Internet

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

@ScottSutRogers HomePhone does use VoIP technology but unlike independent VoIP providers it does not provide an ATA device that you can take anywhere with you to make calls over the internet, and does not provide a "softphone" app that can be installed on a smartphone. There are very convenient features, just not available here, and likely never will be.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @ScottSut!

Welcome to the community!

Apologies as Rogers does not have support for this particular feature. If this is possible perhaps other's in the community may be able to provide their experience :).

All the best!

@RogersAndy

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

@ScottSutRogers HomePhone does use VoIP technology but unlike independent VoIP providers it does not provide an ATA device that you can take anywhere with you to make calls over the internet, and does not provide a "softphone" app that can be installed on a smartphone. There are very convenient features, just not available here, and likely never will be.

ScottSut
I've been here awhile

Thanks for clarifying ... good to know as I look for alternates.

Cheers

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation