Unable to reach Blackberry Support or other IVR - Interactive Voice Systems?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to reach Blackberry Support or other IVR - Interactive Voice Systems?

I have had a heck of a time over the past several days trying in vain to reach Blackberry's technical support line, which is a 1 866 ### #### number... I was unable to interact with the IVR interactive voice response system and reach a representative!

I finally called Rogers and a representative tells me there is a "known issue" with the ZTE Home Phone box, and it prevents people navigating through a IVR system and reaching a person. Now they tell me???? The Rogers rep claims a fix is in the works but as for now this fucntion doesn't work (at least in my case).

So I was chasing my tail thinking there was something wrong at Blackberry's end when the issue lies with Rogers Home Phone boxes and software.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to reach Blackberry Support or other IVR - Interactive Voice Systems?

@hkl1

Hello and welcome to the Community Forums!

I can see how this could be an inconvenience. Smiley Sad

When contacting 1-888-ROGERS1 (764-3771) are you experiencing similar issues with our Interactive Voice Systems?

Blackberry also offers online support in various different ways as an alternative to calling, please take a look here .

Any other users in the community experiencing similiar issues?

Regards,

RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unable to reach Blackberry Support or other IVR - Interactive Voice Systems?

No oddly enough I was able to navigate through the Rogers IVR.
Retired Moderator

@hkl1

Have you had any success connecting to another customer support line through their IVR system?

To narrow down the issue my suggestion is to try on another handset in the house or possibly another phone line not linked to your home phone to contact Blackberry. I think it's worth a try, what do you think?

Let us know Smiley Happy

RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

No I have solved my problem. Since speaking with the Rogers rep who said the new ZTE Home Phone box has issues, I dug up my old Fido Home Phone ZTE box, swapped the Sim cards and I'm in business.

Retired Moderator

@hkl1

I'm happy to hear you found an alternative way that worked for you.

Please let us know if you require further assitance with your Rogers ZTE phone modem.

Regards,

RogersMay

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like the Rogers wireless home phone adaptor is not sending the correct DTMF frequencies to the receiving party.