Switching from Ignite back to Cable - phone dead for 2 days!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching from Ignite back to Cable - phone dead for 2 days!

We agreed to switch our TV/Internet/Home Phone package to Ignite based on Rogers reassurance that we could use our existing Harmony remotes with the tv.  When the technician told us we'd have to program the remotes ourselves, we told him to revert the tvs and phone which he'd already switched over.  Apparently it could take up to 7 days (!!!) to get our home phone working again!!!! So beware!  My husband works from home and although we can manage with our cell phones, this is crazy!  One hour to switch us to ignite and 2 days so far without switching us back.  

**Labels Added**

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Switching from Ignite back to Cable - phone dead for 2 days!

Weird...people are using harmony remotes with the Ignite Xi6 TV boxes all the time. And yes you have to reprogram them yourselves.

We are told they could not revert your home phone number back to traditional Home phone once it is ported to Ignite home phone type. You would lose the phone number.

But good luck.

Bill

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Switching from Ignite back to Cable - phone dead for 2 days!

Of course you can use a Harmony remote with Ignite. Did you really expect the installer to reprogram your Harmony remote? When you get a new TV, a different brand, you have to reprogram the remote. This situation is the same, but what is crazy is that you expected something different.

Switching to Ignite was a good idea, and you may still want to do that when in the future. Unfortunately, you have started down a dangerous path that potentially has some snags. Hopefully you will get your phone line restored with the original telephone number shortly.

If you do switch to Ignite and need online assistance with reprogramming the Harmony remote just post a note. There is lots of experience and help available.