Something wrong with my Rogers home phone service modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Something wrong with my Rogers home phone service modem?

We were moving stuff around and accidentally detached the cables on the home phone modem and now our phones do not work. All of the lights on the moden are flashing except for "Link". The internet is fine, but our all our phones say "Line in use" and no calls can come in. Please help

-Thanks

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Something wrong with my Rogers home phone service modem?

My guess is the cable is plugged into the wrong jack in the back. I believe there are a couple and you should be able to switch it to the other one..
Retired Moderator RogersReggie
Retired Moderator

Hi candyzhong1314,

You can also try resetting your Rogers Home Phone. First start by making sure all of your phones are hung up. You can reset by pressing and holding the "Reset" button on the back of your home phone modem for 30 seconds. You may need a small pointed object to press the button.

If that doesn't work, you can also try "power cycling" the modem by unplugging the power cable from the wall and removing the modem's internal battery for 1 minute. All the lights on the modem should turn off. Once you plug it back in, wait a few minutes and all the lights on the modem should become solid except the link light. You should be able to make and receive calls after that.

If the issue persists, you can contact our Live Chat department at http://echat.rogers.com for online technical support.

Let us know how that goes.

RR
I've Been Here Awhile

Resetting the Rogers Home Phone Modem worked for me.  Our phone was not working -- we could get a dial tone and we could hear the phone ringing for incoming calls, but we could not hear the voice of the person calling us nor could we hear the person answering the phone when we made outgoing calls.  Resetting the modem seems to have fixed the problem.

I've Been Around

Something wrong with my Rogers home phone service ?

My home phone didn't work on Sunday & Wednesday evenings? Also my internet doesn't work most evenings between 7:00-9:00pm. This has all happened in the last week. Anyone else having the same problem? It would happen before but not as often as it is happening lately.......maybe time to look at Bell??

I've Been Around

Thank you very much...after a few minutes the service came back to normal....Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

phone modem line 1 flashing

Last week same thing occurred...no dial tone for calling in/out on my land line...went to the downstairs modem and the line 1 is flashing....called Rogers and they asked me to unplug...they reset...did not work after twice and were going to send out service person...well that night it was o.k.....now the same thing today...no dial tone and line 1 is flashing on the phone modem...all else (net and TV) are fine...the modem is attached to the wall...did not move any wires, etc. and both upstairs and downstairs land line phones worked fine for over a week...anything to try, just wait, or call technical support again?

Hello @whistler123!

I have a landline at home too so I'm very sensitive when it has any issues. It sounds like you've done everything right on your end... I just need to know, did we arrange for a technician to come out and you're waiting for an appointment or was no appointment booked afterall?

If no appointment was booked, it would be prudent that we book one for you now. These chronic issues need to be addressed at the site to determine what's happening so we can resolve it for you and restore stability to the service.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps if no appointment has been booked so we can make the arrangements. If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Rogers Corey...like the first time no dial tone in March 2018 (and then was o.k. after several hours) the same thing happened yesterday April 14th...line 1 light flashing...no dial tone for most of the day....then out of the blue I tried the phone and had a dial ton....all night and today it is good....if it happens again will call for technician...thanks JOSmiley Happy

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 in conversation