Root certificate of onlinevoicemail.rogers.com is invalid

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Root certificate of onlinevoicemail.rogers.com is invalid

Usually with those warnings, there is nothing wrong. The digital certificates uses for the secure logins, etc, have expirey dates on them, and if someone forgot to renew... It can still be secure to log in, it's just not essentially registered that it is.

But it's always good to be double sure, just in these cases. Always better to err on the side of caution

I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree, but Rogers is a supposedly a hi-tech company (sometimes I wonder) and things like this should not be forgotten. When they are, it causes concern for many people. Then, when it takes them 3-4 days to even respond to the concern, that is not acceptable! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is true GDkitty but the fact that Rogers knows about this ( if they did not know before, they know now). They should have said something here. They know people use that site. If others that do not see this forums will not know what is going on & do not know what to do.

A billion dollar company should at least invest in making comments on what is going on at least like this. It may not be a bad thing but at least let the customers know its fine.
I'm a Senior Advisor

You are 100% correct meowmix! BTW - the page now displays the following message: 

This web page is not available!

I'm a Senior Advisor

So this site problem still has not been corrected. It is back to returning the message: This Connection is Untrusted. Can someone from Rogers please update on the issue?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Rogers... I just added Voicemail to my Home Phone plan.  Can you fix the website's security issue?  I am still getting the error in Firefox and Chrome doesn't like it either:

The site's security certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach onlinevoicemail.rogers.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@IHR

This is what i get right now

"Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address."
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is what I get meowmix!

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. 

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is unbelievable.. They need to speak up & tell us what is going on. We need to know!. Another so called great service with Rogers.... (n)
Retired Moderator RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator

Hi,

Our internal team is currently investigating the issue to provide a fix asap. Thanks for flagging!