Rogers TV Call Display, Caller ID displays but phone doesn't ring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers TV Call Display, Caller ID displays but phone doesn't ring

Our Rogers TV Call Display displays a phone number and/or a name on the TV screen but phone doesn't ring!

Sometimes the oposit happens, phone rings but call display doesn't come up. (but I can't recall the last time this happened)

How can I resolve this first issue? Why won't my phone ring?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers TV Call Display, Caller ID displays but phone doesn't ring

Truthfully.. they are/should be two seperate problems i would think..

When you see the call display up, if you pick up the phone.. is the person there? can you connect to the call?

Or is it dead, etc?

(just making sure its not just the ringer turned off, etc on the phone... i have two set up in my house that way.. so no noise, etc, but i can still pick up the call)

I've Been Here Awhile

let's just stick to the first issue.

Multiple times I've tried to pick up the phone instantly when an ID comes on the TV...nobody there. On my telephone, the Caller ID doesn't show anything.

And NO we didn't turn down or off the ringer.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Were they calls like friends/family, or like a telemarketer?..  i know i have had those.. where it comes up on the CID, usually get at least one partial ring on the phone.. but then nothing.. its they stop dialing.

My understanding, is that the CID on the tv, is just an extention.. it SHOULDNT interfear.. but its not to say it might be.

Just to make sure, i would call in.. and you can have them DISABLE the TV caller ID on the account.   See if calls come in correctly.

COULD be overall, the CID on the TV is just fine, its more of a problem on the rogers phone modem box.
(like the system is getting a signal, so sends the tv the signal.. but its not reaching the modem box)

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersJermaine
Retired Moderator

Hi there,

For future references, there are some steps that you can try are resetting both the Home Phone modem by using a pin and holding down the reset button on the back and power cycling the digital box for the TV. 

Hope this helps.