cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Home Phone Voicemail Indicator Not Working

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was going to post in the following thread since I recalled the discussions, but I see it has been archived, so I'm starting a new thread.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/Ignite-TV-home-phone-voice-mail-indicators/td-p...

For the past few days I have not had any voicemail indicators (via lights on the phones or "Voicemail" indication on the phone's multi-line display, or stuttering dial-tone).

There are no other issues:

- Voicemail is still recorded properly and can be retrieved normally.

- Voicemail wav files are still sent to my e-mail address.

- Name display works

- Number display works

- Everything works as before except for VM indications.  I've had Rogers Home Phone since 2009 and switched to Ignite around the end of March 2022.

I have two different types of phones in my home - one Panasonic cordless base station with several cordless handsets, and one AASTRA 390 corded phone, both types have VM indicator lights and multi-line displays, so there's no issue with the phones.   I "rebooted" the phones.

Anyone else encountering this issue and/or have suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Home Phone Voicemail Indicator Not Working

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Voicemail indicators are all working again.  I guess the restart of the gateway fixed it.  Let's hope it sticks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersMoin

Hello, @57.

I can imagine voicemail indicators not working can be quite an inconvenience. Thank you for creating a new thread, and I appreciate all the details provided.

I'm assuming you did, but have you rebooted the modem? Thanks for power cycling the phones.

@seadooxp30@Biollw@-G- > Let me tag a few active members from the other thread to confirm if they are experiencing the same issue.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I restarted the Gateway, however, I have not received a voicemail since.  I'll post once that happens.  

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

No my msgw is working fine. On Ignite phome product.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Voicemail indicators are all working again.  I guess the restart of the gateway fixed it.  Let's hope it sticks.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin  My voicemail MWI seems to be working properly.

@57 wrote:

Things may or may not work normally after resetting your gateway, depending on what the underlying problem was.

The last time I experienced MWI issues, the problem that I was seeing was that when I received a new voicemail message, MWI would not light on any of my phones.  I was also not getting a stuttered dial tone either; no indication that any voicemail messages had arrived whatsoever.  However, if I were to log into rogers.com/onlinevoicemail , I could see that new messages had indeed arrived... and if I then logged out without playing any of the messages, MWI would then immediately display on all of my phones.  (Similarly, if I had reset my gateway, MWI would have also lit/displayed.)  However, after I listened to my messages and the MWI cleared, I would (again) not get notified when new messages arrived.

The good news is that MWI is getting displayed on all of your phones.  That means that they are compatible with the MWI signalling that the gateway is using and, more importantly, that the voice mailbox for your phone number is is correctly associated with the eMTA on your gateway.

However, if your phones no longer show new incoming messages after you have listened to your previous messages, or if the MWI on your phones is not reflecting the state of your voice mailbox correctly when you receive or listen to messages, then you will need to notify Rogers of the circumstances when the MWI works and when it does not.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- Thanks for the additional details.  If this happens again, I'll try your online voicemail "trick" to help diagnose.  I probably haven't used online voicemail in years because I always get the e-mails with the wav files.

seadooxp30
I'm a reliable contributor

Dont have Rogers land line any more but had this issue twice.

It was always from backend. Never was my phone or line inside my house.

Rogers never told me how they got it fixed but assuming it was Comcast firmware or software issue from backend.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30 wrote:

Rogers never told me how they got it fixed but assuming it was Comcast firmware or software issue from backend.

I sent Rogers a fairly detailed report of what was working and what was not.  They then submitted an internal ticket to their internal technical teams, who were then able to resolve the issue fairly quickly.  No firmware update was required on the gateway, and I am pretty sure that the problem was due to either a minor configuration issue on their servers and/or a minor issue with how the Rogers voicemail service for Ignite Home Phone customers was provisioned in the back-end.

Also, while Rogers does not share any technical or operational details about their services, they are not using Comcast's home phone solution for Ignite Home Phone.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation