No dial tone :(

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No dial tone :(

Hi @Irenemc-101bm,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post Smiley Happy.

It's definitely troublesome when there are unexpected service interruptions. How long have you experienced this issue for? I know you said you've unplugged the phone but have you tried a hard reset on the phone modem through the pin hole at the back?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Is there anyone else with no phone service in Ottawa?

Good morning @Sysop!

If you're still without dial tone and have no way else to reach us, please send us a PM to @CommunityHelps!

We can help.

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

I'd like to know how long the battery back up should last?

This past Thursday, I experienced a power outage for 5.5 hrs.

At first I did have a dial tone but after about 2.5 hrs, no dial tone. Smiley Sad

I read in this thread that @Gdkitty mentions 6hrs on the battery. Well this is not the case on the unit I have.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats what the 'book' value for at least some of the modems, how long it should last.

if its not a new modem.. or been around for a while.. may not hold the full charge anymore (like a phone, laptop, etc)

When you lost the dial tone, was the lights out on the phone modem?
If yes, then the battery died.

If not, it could be that the power at the local node where it connects to, lost full power (no longer could run on backup)

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkittywrote:

Thats what the 'book' value for at least some of the modems, how long it should last.

if its not a new modem.. or been around for a while.. may not hold the full charge anymore (like a phone, laptop, etc)

When you lost the dial tone, was the lights out on the phone modem?
If yes, then the battery died.

If not, it could be that the power at the local node where it connects to, lost full power (no longer could run on backup)

I've had the unit for about 1.5 yrs, so it's not that old.

Absolutely no lights on it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, it would have lost power then.

My post was going off the models available at that time too... they may have other ones now which dont have the same.. no clue.

(makes it hard to try and support from a USER standpoint.. that when I only have one type of hardware.. most other info is just from collected information)

I Plan to Stick Around

ThanX @Gdkitty

Once I get home, I'll google the model no. and see if I can find any relevant info on it.

I'm a Senior Contributor

ROGER'S home phone - "hot potatoe" issue

Hi!

I have Rogers HP TV, cable & paygo Cell.

2 days ago NO DIAL TONE. 4 or 5 hours it took me to reach tech support whose earliest appointment was today (4/18/18). PROBLEMS: My mom is 101 and has a phone dependant emergency device; I am 100% dependent on  the phone.

It was NOT escalated. Tech came was real quick and said it's the alarm system - call them. I called ADT (sux) but alarm's wireless & they R no issues on their end w/ the alarm. (There is a phone line with no issues ) It would be 3 to $400.00 if nothing was wrong with alarm. The Rogers tech did not check any jacks; just the main one (which needed a reboot) That's the only phone working.  I called Rogers tech support AGAIN who informs me if he sends another tech I'd be charged $49.00 to be told what the 1st tech said and suggested a electrician?!

They R getting a LOT OF $ from me to not even check the jacks. If this is how the Rogers home phone exists its back 2 Bell.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Good evening @YtanyaY,

I can only imagine the inconvenience this service interruption has caused you. Is the home phone service still out? I'd hate to see you part ways with us for this reason, please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps so we can look into this for you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats