1. Verify that all of your telephone sets are on the hook (hung up) and properly connected to the jack.
2. Try the telephone set on different phone jack in the house.
3. If possible, try another telephone set (preferably not a cordless set - these types of sets can pick up interference, even when not in use).
4. Unplug all of your telephones from the jacks and try one phone on its own (this ensures that no other equipment or set is causing the problem).
5. Verify that your Home Phone Terminal is functioning correctly by checking the LED patterns. During normal operation, all of the lights on the Home Phone Terminal will remain on except for the Link LED.
6. If all the lights are on except for the Link LED, take a corded phone preferably, to the Home Phone Terminal. There should be a telephone wire plugged into a port labeled TEL 1/2 or TEL 2 located on the back of the Terminal. (Ethernet port is always deactivated) Remove the telephone wire and plug in your corded phone in both TEL 1/2 and TEL 2 ports and check for dial tone.
If there is a dial tone in one of those ports, it is likely a problem with the wiring inside your home.
If the phone does not work in either port, it is likely a problem with the Home Phone Terminal or the Rogers network.
Please contact Rogers Home Phone support at 1-888-ROGERS1.
Anyone having no dial tone with phones on and off lately?
No dial tone in Kanata this morning. No internet either. Does anyone know if Rogers has a site where you can check recent/current outages?
The home phone line in Toronto has not had a ring tone to it all day. When the telephone is picked up it is blank (no sound) and when the telephone number is checked from another location, it goes directly to voice-mail.
Oh yes. No dial tone at all. Rogers wanted us to take the hubb to a different spot to see if it was location, ie a 30 minute drive away. Not happy. Still no phone and on day 2.
Hello, i'm lissa crofts son, i'm trying to figure out this phone thing, i tried moving it and everthing, but no matter what, there is no lights what so ever on the phone modem, which means no dial tone, if you could please contact my mom via email so she can get a technician out here asap please, because again, there is no dial tone, so she cannot call this in, please reply as this is urgent.
The problem just started, the phone has no dial tone, How do you reset the box for the home phone?