Last few days audio over the phone sounds like we are talking underwater.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Last few days audio over the phone sounds like we are talking underwater.

Over the last few days the sound on the phone sounds terrible. Sometimes people can't hear us and sometimes they can't hear them. Varying levels of distortion. Anyone have this problem?

***Added Labels***

Re: Last few days audio over the phone sounds like we are talking underwater.

Good evening @Geezup,

Thank you for your post!

I know how annoying it can be to experience problems hearing when you're on making or receiving phone calls. We certainly want to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue you encounter.

Are you using the regular home phone service or is it the one that comes with your Ignite TV bundle?

Also, do you experience issues with any other Rogers residential services in your household, since noticing the problem on your home phone calls?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Geezup :  Are you using a cordless phone?  Have you tried a different handset?  Have you tried new batteries in the handset?  Have you tried a corded phone?  Many people keep an older corded phone around in case of a power failure.

The more information you provide us, the better we will be able to help you.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for both of your responses. I connected 1 corded phone directly to the phone modem and still had this issue. The distortion seems to occur in the evening. I have tried 2 separate corded phones and they both had the same issue. I haven't noticed any other issues with my other Ignite75 services.

Hello, @Geezup.

Thanks for trying a corded phone, it helps in isolating the issue. Have you moved the home phone modem recently prior to experiencing the audio distortion? 

We can further run a few tests to diagnose the issue, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin