Issue with wireless homephone voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Issue with wireless homephone voicemail

When I have a voicemail, there is no indication (flashing voicemail light) on any of my phones, only on the modem. This is problematic because the modem is not observable. An aquaintance who has the same service claims that there is indication on his phones. I had such indications with my previous service. Is there a setup that I have missed?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Issue with wireless homephone voicemail

Good day @challenged,

Thank you for your post! Smiley Wink

You should indeed see a notification when you get a voicemail.

Please follow these troubleshooting steps, to allow us to better understand the nature of the issue.

1. Press and hold 1 from your home phone handset. If holding 1 doesn’t work, you can dial *98.
  2. When connected to the voicemail, follow the system prompts to navigate and manage your voicemails.
  3. Press 4 to access your personnal options.
  4. Then, press 1 to access the notification menu. Press 4 to turn ON the notifications.
  5. Please try to have someone call and leave you a voicemail. Let us know if it worked!

You can also try and manually deactivate it first, before turning it back on.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello RogersMaude, I have performed the steps you suggested, including turning notifications off and on again, but it has not helped. I get indication on the modem, but no indication on the phones until I pick up a phone and hear the "broken" dial tone. Any other suggestions?

Thank you so much for taking those measures @challenged.

From the information I gathered since we last posted, the notification is not going to appear to every handset, due to some compatibility limitations. I am very sorry about that.

We can only offer you additional assistance pertaining to the notification you see on the modem.

Since it does appear on the modem, would there be any way you could put it somewhere visible?

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

I will move the modem to a visible location but it won't be very usefull since we have 6 wireless phones dotted around the house. We have 2 completely different makes of wireless phone and neither seems to be compatible. Does Rogers have a list of phones that they know to be compatible in regards to the voicemail notification? If so, I could buy 1 or more. With regards to the modem, its indicator is on the top and not visible unless you are above it For example, if it is on a low table and you are standing.

Hello again @challenged,

I am sorry about the inconveniences this may cause you.

• Have you thought of placing it sideways?

That would allow you to put it on top of a dresser or a shelf, where you would have the ability to view the blinking notification.

We unfortunately do not have such list, I apologize.

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm. thats wierd.

NORMALLY its on the phone end, it is the thing that "LISTENS" for the broken dial tone, to then put on its own indicator.

I would try to turn on or see if there are any settings on the indicator on the phone side itself.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I turned voicemail off and then back on for both types of phone. The indication now works on the one AT&T phone, but not on the 5 Uniden phones. I am satisfied enough for the moment and will end this thread.

Thanks you all for your help and suggestions.