Installation of Home Phone Service without using existing jacks

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Installation of Home Phone Service without using existing jacks

Hello, I have Rogers internet and cable TV. I am thinking of adding the home phone service as well. I live in a condo and would like to have the phone modem installed in my unit without touching the existing phone jacks structure. My plan is to simply plug in a cordless phone to the back of the modem. I do not want to use the existing structure because there are building phone room issues - too many techs accessing the room and I lose my phone service on a regular basis as things get "unplugged by accident". So, I'll leave the existing wiring out of the equation to, hopefully, have a more reliable service. Thus, any problem to just install the phone modem without touching the existing phone wiring? I realize I would need to plug a phone directly to the back of the phone modem to have phone service. How big is the home phone modem compared to a internet modem?

Thanks!

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Installation of Home Phone Service without using existing jacks

Good afternoon @lem1,

You can absolutely plug a phone directly into the home phone modem. There is no need to use existing phone jacks at all. It doesn't take up a ton of space and is comparable in size to our Internet modems.

RogersCorey

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation