Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Just another question for the op. I noticed you said you removed the batteries from your cordless handset to "reset" it. There is usually a reset menu with in the phone itself or a clear message waiting lamp option. Try those instead.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Be aware that a full "reset" may delete call logs or telephone directories which may take a lot of time to redo...  Check the operating manual.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Pauly wrote:
Just another question for the op. I noticed you said you removed the batteries from your cordless handset to "reset" it. There is usually a reset menu with in the phone itself or a clear message waiting lamp option. Try those instead.

My Panasonic doesn't have that option or maybe I missed it.

Will check again tonight

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

Be aware that a full "reset" may delete call logs or telephone directories which may take a lot of time to redo...  Check the operating manual.

Good point :-)

I don't have many so Its ok if this fixes the issue.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My Panasonic had a lot of recommendations under Troubleshooting.  Here are a couple that may be pertinent.

1. Unplug AC Adaptor of base unit for a while/replug.

2. Consider installing DSL filter in line...

I didn't see anything specifically about a full reset, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you also need to check one more thing, most cordless phones have their own built in voicemail answering machine, but since you said your using the rogers ignite home phone voicemail, is that correct? then you have a voicemail box on the ignite home phone platform which is which one your checking.

you can also unplug your cordless phone base station from the wall jack and connect it directly to the rogers ignite modem gateway device and see if the voicemail indicator works properly there, if it does, then something on your inside wiring could be affecting it.

when you do this, you need to remember to do 2 things, leave your self a voicemail, (use a different line like a cell phone)  leave the message,  then check your message from your ignite home phone, DELETE all the new messages, and see if that works, if not repeat it once more and see if it helps.   listening to a message usualy triggers clearing the MWI lamp on all home phone providers.  so if the light needs to be cleared this should help

And as always, yes reset your device is recommended, not just the device but the base station too, and not all panasonic devices have the same reset function, it could differ from model to model. you can also call panasonic and they might be able to assist with how to do that instead of just "guessing how to" do it

I Plan to Stick Around

So I checked limited options that I have in the phone and nothing to change...
Topic Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation