How About Increasing Nbr. Of Entries In Call Screen List?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

How About Increasing Nbr. Of Entries In Call Screen List?

In the light of the dramatic increase of hoax/scam telemarketing calls lately why not allow users to block more numbers using Call Screen?   Especially as the ones coming from overseas seem to pick a random number to show in Call Dsiplay.   Those random numbers quickly exhaust our Call Screen "allowance".

Better still why don't Rogers adopt the way a rival home phone company (beginning with "P") do it and if sufficient people block a certain number then it becomes totally blocked to everyone by the system.

I am sick of being told that I've won a free vacation for 3 or a million travel miles, or my bank account is in jeopardy unless I hand over all my personal pins etc. etc.    The latest one actually told me that Rogers were refusing the credit card I had on my account for billing purposes....well I don't use credit cards for that anyway.  They wanted me to give them a new card number...are they serious?

I suppose some people are gullible enough to fall for this but surely, in this 'advanced' electronic age, there are ways and means of getting shot of these parasites?   I'm waiting for the call that tells me ISIS/ISIL/Daesh are a registered charity.....now that would be the final straw.

Rogers, this is a serious request.

***Edited Labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee silentstorm88
Rogers Employee

Re: How About Increasing Nbr. Of Entries In Call Screen List?

@pmcsplaza

I can completely relate to the hoax/scam telemarketing calls.
I often get frustrated with them as well. Smiley Sad
For me personally, blocking all the numbers that call me would not work.
About 2 weeks ago I was visiting my mom when her house phone rang and the number that was calling her was her own house phone number.
So you would want to watch out for blocking a number that may be important like a house number or a doctors office.

Also I just wanted to share with you this Ideal box - http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/ideas/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/RogersIdeaBox

I think its a great way to submit your ideals and suggestions  Smiley Wink

Best Regards,

SS

Yes I agree, so all the more reason for Rogers to work on blocking these things in the first place.   I can't believe that the true source of them can't be traced.    I did briefly talk with one of my earlier callers and found out they were in Ecuador, despite showing a local phone number as the "from".

Thanks for the link.

Peter
Toronto

@pmcsplaza wrote:

In the light of the dramatic increase of hoax/scam telemarketing calls lately why not allow users to block more numbers using Call Screen?  

I agree with you 100%. In this day and age, there is absolutley no reason at all why the call block list has to be limited to only 30 numbers. Contrary to what was stated by @silentstorm88, I have found it to be very effective. While obviously, you cannot block your own number, I think that @silentstorm88 might be missing the point. There are just far too many "junk" phone calls today and it is is obvious that adding your name and number the The National Do Not Call List is a exercise in futility. Too many telemarketers have found a way around this - by using foreign numbers or 1-800 numbers. I have made this point before but it has gone unheeded by Rogers or they tell you to add your phone number to the DNCL. On top of that, I also just discovered that when accessing my list of number on Call Screening, all of the names have been deleted. What good is listing a number to be blocked without knowing who the call came from? I had to delete all of my numbers (not necessarily a bad thing), including numbers from Roger's own telemarketers and start over again. No doubt though, your suggestion should be put into practice!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do agree.. that there should be no limit (or at least, some HARD limit, say whatever the max variable in that array could hold or something like that.. which would still be a high number).

Bigest problem i find.. is really you could block numbers till the cows came home.. and it really still wouldnt to THAT much to stop it.

The bigest thing now a days, using caller ID masking, is the most prelivent. 
Company X calls out, calls you with 555-5555.  They could then call back 2 mins later with 555-5556. 
They can too easily get around a call block 😞
And then the problem even DOES come around IF you can find out what/who they actually are...
Most of them.. if they are outside of country?... there is no legal standing which the telco or anyone else could really take against them.
The DNCL, if you you get a call from a place with a legit number, you can submit it, and they are fined, etc... IF they reside in canada, etc 😞

Agreed, it's like skiing uphill during an avalanche. In other words something we can never win.
Peter
Toronto