Home phone voicemail, How to reply to a voice message and disconnect and go to another message and

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Home phone voicemail, How to reply to a voice message and disconnect and go to another message and

I called support and they had no answer other then hang-up and access your voice mail and start the process again

My question was. When I access my voicemail and it says I have 10 voice messages and I reply to the message by 8 and then 1 to dial the number and at that number I get their voicemail and after leaving a message on their voicemail. Is there a way for me to disconet from that cal with out hanging-up and starting all over again to address the other 9 messages. This will take for ever to call the other 9.

It is possible just yo hit  * after I leave the message and go to the next message

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Home phone voicemail, How to reply to a voice message and disconnect and go to another message a

Hey @Rolm

Straight forward answer is Nope.

But there is a reason for that. Don't want to leave you hanging dry without explaination.

Your voicemail system when replying to the voicemail message is actually in fact forwarding (and handing your call off) to the caller's voicemail system to store the message. (as if you called them and leaving a voicemail)

At that point THEIR voicemail is now handling the call, you already during that point have left your mailbox system. Can't go back to it since, it was already exited.

It's same feature as call forwarding, but instead of forwarding it to their number (and the phone call rings), it forwards it to the voicemail server number directly.

Hope that make sense!

Cheers.

(Though I haven't done this for a while, if someone has new information please update me!)

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Home phone voicemail, How to reply to a voice message and disconnect and go to another message a

Thank-you for taking the time to answer. I guess I will have to hang-up and access my email again and again till I answer all the voiecemails.

Rogers Employee

Hey @Rolm - You are welcome.

And I hear ya on that, seems silly to do it everytime.
Though you are the first person I have come across who has more than 2 (in your case 10) voicemails that must be responded to.

Voicemail is becoming old. Like snail mail. The service will exist, but SMS took over it's domain a while ago. (That's why you see more people use messaging apps, in a way that is leaving a message and they other person can respond back whenever).

Now if your voicemail is business related, I am sure you wouldn't want to do SMS.

The only thing is, I am basing this on the consumer based voicemail system. I am sure Business voicemails work differently, but I don't know anything about them.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am surpside that things are not moving to more of the VISUAL method perminantly.

I mean.. iphones can use this by DEAFAULT.. i dont know why all plans with an iphone, this isnt just ON.

On a HOME phone.. thats a little more difficult though...  all the portables, etc would have to support it, etc.

Thinking of other solutions..
If the user has access to the rogers home&away voicemail?
https://onlinevoicemail.rogers.com/
If they are working from a computer when doing these calls.. could access/view the voicemail from there.
Works kind of like a visual voicemail?

Rogers Employee

@Gdkitty Doesn't home phone have a online voicemail you can do this with? (I don't use it, just asking)

iPhone Visual Voicemail isn't a default Smiley Tongue
It's just built in. It still requires the carrier to pay for the servers to support it and activate it. (Apple has no say on that) Some small carriers around the world, block this built in feature altogether.

Just saying >__<"

But I agree, Visual Voicemail does seem more friendly and possibly a better solution.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty @ShakTiburon

While the suggestion to use the online voicemail might normally be a good one, the online voicemail has essentially been rendered inoperable because Rogers is not using up-to-date protocols. Currently, the online voicemail is inaccessible when using browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. While it still works in IE11, Microsoft has also announced that it is ending support for the older protocols sometime next month. This issue is discussed widely in the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/HomePhone/page/1/thread-id/1401

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes.. that is true.

I mean, the site DOES work.. but only under IE.
A person can not use their broswer of choice.

On the other thread, i just posted trying to get some of the other mods involved.. see if we can get it passed on/escalated.

Its not like the site really has to be re-done or anything to get it working either... really just requires re doing/updating the SSL certs.

I Plan to Stick Around

When dealing with the public the good old email and phone with voicemail is still the best option

Rogers Employee

I agree @Rolm

It's about public relations at that point and professionalism. SMS wouldn't be an option.