Home phone one way voice

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Home phone one way voice

Having trouble with my Rogers Home Phone...

I have a dial tone.  I can dial out with no issues.  But when the other end of the line picks up they can't hear me.  It is like my phone's microphone is muted or "off".  I have tried replacing my phone with a hard line with the same result.  Also, my phone rings when someone calls, but when I try to answer I have the same muted microphone problem...

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: home phone one way voice

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem.  Last night while talking to our daughter she sudedenly could not hear me.  Rogers has a system problem and it is not the first time. About a month or so ago the same thing happened.  Rogers Maintenance, not Service department, came out and had to replace the 90 VDC to 24 VDC unit in the main junction box.  They fail due to being in a sealed metal enclosure.  It would appear they have a similar problem again after days of high heat.  Oddly, their Service and Maintenance departments do not seem to communicate with one another as they are two separate departments.  Service takes care of the customer lines while maintenance deals with the larger system lines.

I've Been Here Awhile

I found the solution.

I have been having the same problem since 1913 hrs last night.  Did the reset as shown below and it fixed the problem.  Thanks to the following Rogers' Tech for the advice.

"Touraj says: I would like you to "power cycle" your Rogers Home Phone modem. To do this, please locate the power cable at the back of your Rogers Home Phone modem and unplug this from the wall. You will also need to remove the back-up battery pack inside the modem as well. Once complete, wait a few seconds and put the battery back in and plug the power in as well."

Note:  To remove the battery you must slide up the little grey tab between the two compartments in the front of the MODEM.  Then using the brown flex tab pull the battery straight out.  After a few moments re-install the battery and slide the grey tab down to lock the battery in place.  Reconnect the power cord and let the MODEM cycle through its Boot process..

Internet is working normally BTW.

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Hi Billlaptop,

I am glad you got this sorted out.
Thanks for helping out the community.

I've Been Around

I can hear them they can't hear me

I've called multiple people and they can hear me but I can't hear them respond, so they end up hanging up. I've even tried to buy another cordless phone set and still the same results... is anyone having this problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your subject line says one thing, but your first sentence says the opposite?  Nevertheless, your post has probably been moved to this thread.  Try the suggestion of power cycling your modem as outlined in post 3 of this thread.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kimnguyen1:  Did you solve your problem?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation