Home & Away Voicemail Online Voicemail-sound not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Home & Away Voicemail Online Voicemail-sound not working

I am not able to get sound when checking my voicemail online. I updated Quicktime to see if that would work. It doesn't. 

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Home & Away Voicemail Online Voicemail-sound not working

Well first of all, if you able to get into your online voicemail, you must be using IE11 since you cannot even log into the online voicemail using any other browser because Rogers is using Internet protocols that are out of date. This is an issue that they have been aware of since at least last September but no fix seems to be forthcoming from Rogers. 

With respect to Quick Time player, the QuickTime browser plug-in has ended support for dozens of legacy codecs in 10.9.5, and higher. I suspect that once again, Rogers has still not updated and their failure to do so is causing issues for customers once again. 

Tha last time I used IE11 to listen to a voicemail, I was given the option in IE11 of using Windows Media Player and the audio worked just fine. While IE11 still asks me to update Quick Time player, I simply close the dialogue box that pops up every time. Your other option would be to download the voicemail message and then play it in Quick Time because the out-of-date codecs only seem to be applied to Quick Time when embedded within a Website such as the online voicemail.

It really is a shame that Rogers has not kept up to date with this since this feature is one that we have selected for for our Home Phone - a feature that we are paying for and a feature that does NOT work properly!

I Plan to Stick Around

I found a work around for me in Windows 7/Internet Explorer 11.   Go to rogers.com.  In Internet Explorer select Tools/Compatilibity View Settings/Add.  You should see rogers.com listed in the box below.

Also, I went into Tools/Security/Trusted Sites/Sites/add rogers.com site here as well.

Hope this helps someone as it did for me.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@falcios

Thanks for the tip! Of course if Rogers were up-to-date and using the proper protocols and codecs, these work-arounds would not be necessary! Also, since Microsoft has also announced that they too will be updating their protocols the same as Chrome, Firefox, and Opera has, it will not be long before you cannot even log into the online voicemail using IE11 either. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just popped into this thread, because I was curious where the topic was going.  I haven't run into the issue of hearing the voicemail because I have always defaulted to windows media, not quick time, so I never experienced it.

But thank you for the workarounds.

We have only been talking about this since May of last year - so 9 months of "use IE11", glad that someone has addressed the issue of hearing the voice mail that so many have experienced.

I fortunately have mine directed to my email, so I can archive them from there - I just automatically direct them to a folder on gmail called voicemail.

But you have to get to the webpage to set that up. I so hate IE11, and it is actually a legacy product now. I have used Edge - don't think it works on there, but I have an old laptop and Windows 10 bricked it with its fastboot hibernation file getting stuck in the loading the bios from the hybernation file - So I stay with 7 until I get a new computer, which I am sure will be Windows 10.1 or whatever is out there then.

Glad people are finding workarounds, but as you said, IE 11 will not support access to that site as currently set up in the future (I think I read that all browsers will have dropped support for this issue and the One number issue of NPAPI and other related plug in issues by the end of 2016.  So they have a few months grace, but they are on the clock.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

@BS

I too have my voicemail settings to send me email notifications and from there they can easily be downloaded. Of course if you cannot even get into your online voicemail, it makes it rather difficult to change any of the settings now. Also, it has always been a useful feature to be able to log into your voicemail online, especially when travelling and be able to actually delete those voicemails that you no longer need. Like you as well, I detest IE11, but Rogers is leaving us no other choice, at least in the short term. I did not realize it was now 9 months that have gone by without a fix from Rogers. Shameful!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just doing my occasional check of what is going on with the voicemail online page - I see nothing new is known.  I stopped contacting support, Ihave taken it to Office of President, along with One number twice now - known issue, working with it, eta unkown.

So I just pop in to see if it has changed. Going on 10 months, but that seems consistent with my four key issues with Rogers right now - One number, this one, Navigtr, and still requesting a change that they have said they are working on with MYRogers related to text size and layout for visual impaired this one was CRTC mandated.  It is the one area that they have to make it clear what they are doing - so that last one, they were very clear with exactly what they are doing with the font size and layout - applying standard font choices and maximum zooms as has been used in the industry for over 10 years now.

I have been at all of these since around the same time, 9 months ago.  I am beginning to believe that Rogers does not place any priority on things, unless the CRTC comes at them about closed captioning, or the online billing changes.

And we have even more changes coming during this year from CRTC.

I just shake my head in disbelief.

As I have said before, I am now doing a slow acive search for alternatives, and within the next year to two (what is left on my current contracts), I will make a decision based upon what is out there (and things are changing fast), and where Rogers is and whether they do better at dealing issues than they have on these one's.  Their track record has not been exemplary, doesn't make my experience better, or more enjoyable, and does not increase my pleasure.

But all we can seem to do is wait and wonder, because no one from Rogers senior levels are willing to tell us anything.

Bruce