cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone in a condo unit issues with hearing calls from security gatehouse and visitor parking

Aj5359
I plan to stick around

My folks just converted from a Bell landline and internet to Rogers internet and home phone.  Not Ignite as they live in a condo.   Problem is that whenever the gatehouse calls to let them know they have a visitor or a visitor calls them from the mounted phone unit (scroll to name and select dial) in the visitor parking lot, they cannot hear the caller and so cannot let the visitor in.   Issue never happened with Bell.  I'm sure others in the Condo have Rogers phone, so not sure if something didn't get done properly when the install was done.  Their phones are plugged into wall jacks.  They have a couple of cordless phones and a a wired desk phone all connected through the old Bell jacks.  

Any suggestions?   Thanks  

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Home Phone in a condo unit issues with hearing calls from security gatehouse and visitor parking

RogersZia

Good evening @Aj5359,

I would recommend you to confirm with your building management if it is a site wide issue or not. If it's isolated to your condo we can have a tech sent out to take a look into this for you.

You can contact us via PM @CommunityHelps, please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

RogersZia

Re: Home Phone in a condo unit issues with hearing calls from security gatehouse and visitor parking

most buildings that I have visited, the intercom dials a telephone number that the owner chooses and it places a call to the number. if you can receive a call from a friend, then you should be able to receive a call from your front door intercom, if not, check if the condo has the correct number, check if any complaints bout the intercom not working or intermittently working, and yes rogers can also check their end if it can receive calls from the telephone number in question?
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation