Home Phone Outage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Home Phone Outage

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a home phone outage in the Ottawa area. I am trying to determine if I need to go to a Rogers outlet to exchange the modem or get the built in battery replaced.

Cable and Internet is working fine.

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Home Phone Outage

My phone is out too.  I'm in the downtown.  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We're also out... Westboro area.

Michael

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. Saves me a trip to Carlingwood.
I Plan to Stick Around

I contacted Rogers using Rogers Live Chat Support at http://echat.rogers.com and the online tech advised me to do the following which remedied the problem by resetting the modem:

Touraj says: I would like you to "power cycle" your Rogers Home Phone modem. To do this, please locate the power cable at the back of your Rogers Home Phone modem and unplug this from the wall. You will also need to remove the back-up battery pack inside the modem as well. Once complete, wait a few seconds and put the battery back in and plug the power in as well.

Afterwards I was instructed to check for dial tone and to test it by making an outgoing phone call.

I've Been Around

Thanks for posting the solution. Last time, the problem was that the router got wet and it fried the circuits.

It's weird that only the phones wen't down.
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem. No Dial Tone but internet still works.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks that worked for me 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been having the same problem since 1913 hrs last night.  Did the reset as shown below and it fixed the problem.  Thanks to the following Rogers' Tech for the advice.

"Touraj says: I would like you to "power cycle" your Rogers Home Phone modem. To do this, please locate the power cable at the back of your Rogers Home Phone modem and unplug this from the wall. You will also need to remove the back-up battery pack inside the modem as well. Once complete, wait a few seconds and put the battery back in and plug the power in as well."

Note:  To remove the battery you must slide up the little grey tab between the two compartments in the front of the MODEM.  Then using the brown flex tab pull the battery straight out.  After a few moments re-install the battery and slide the grey tab down to lock the battery in place.  Reconnect the power cord and let the MODEM cycle through its Boot process..

I've Been Around

Is there any one in saint John new brunswick Canada with phone outages