Getting text notifications of our home voicemails...but small issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Getting text notifications of our home voicemails...but small issue

Hoping this is an easy fix but since I've started forwarding voicemails from our Rogers Home Phone to my mobile text number (along with the audio file of the message), the notification isn't coming up on our home phone...

Is there a way around this? If I don't get the txt at work and I'm busy, my wife has no way of seeing that there's a message (used to be we'd have a flashing light on the phone). She almost missed a cake order yesterday because I never got a chance to let her know (my fault, of course LOL)

Thanks in advance!

Kev

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting text notifications of our home voicemails...but small issue

Hi @Cordanim

I am assuming you are using the Voicemail to MMS feature, correct?

If so, could you access your voicemail settings by dialing *98 on your home phone. Navigate to the Notification Settings. Try toggling the notification settings on and off and see if makes a difference.

Also, if you access to the Rogers Online Voicemail website, there is setting for "Voicemail Notifier". You can try entering your home phone number in there.

Let us know if you are still having troubles as in some scenarios we need to check the account to make sure you are configured properly on our end.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Here is the link to the information you require: ->  Home and away <- This is the feature that will send your home phone voicemail as a text to your cell... 

As previously  mention *98  is the process (but done from home phone)

however if you need more details on this feature and the steps to be taken then it's available at rogers.com  I reposted the link below

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/home-phone/mpug/34?setLanguage=en

Robot Happy

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the quick replies - I will navigate into the settings tonight from home using the *98

I actually didn't realize there were notification settings in there LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

This was broken for me for AGES.

It's a very flakey system.  Only works some of the time.

I fixed it by making a change in the notification and then it just started working.... some of the time.

Signature goes here
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I found flakeyness with the VM to MMS.

Comparatively, changed it to the VM to EMAIL.. and havent missed one.
I think it works a little better.

I'm Here A Lot

Seems like the email forwarding is the only way I can keep the actual phone light blinking...so MMS forwarding is now off and email on 🙂