Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

@bradeverton146 wrote:

Success!  Today Rogers called to do a test and the phone number now rings - even with call display.

Thanks to Rogers for addressing this issue

Brad

Did they say what was wrong or what they did so that others can advise whatever CSR they talk to?

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

They did not explain the fix.  Hopefully they know what it is and can pass on the fix to others.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The day after I posted on here my phone miraculously started ringing. A few days ago I realized that again my phone was not ringing. I just got off the phone with customer service who suggested I pick up a new box and see if the firmware has changed as he is convinced that that is the problem. They said that the firmware is actually incompatible with the features such as call display as well as outgoing call display (your name and number that shows up when you call someone. He applied a few different fixes to no avail and even removed my display features altogether , still nothing . He ended the call by telling me if that did if a new box did not work that I should just cancel. Has anyone heard anything new?
I've Been Here Awhile

i've had the samee issue, i replaced the sim card reset the device and even bought a brand new phone.  Still having issue, ROgers tech support makes me go through same thing over and over again.  with same results.

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @letmein9,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've listed. This seems like bizarre behavior. How long have you experienced this issue for? Is it restricted to specific numbers? Could you please state what color is the light on the device? I would also recommend you to ensure the antenna is securely fastened.

Looking forward to hearing from youRobot Happy.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

My issue was finally resolved (after about 9 months) when we essentially demanded a new box.